• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Spray on Bed Liner

Started by blake.l, February 03, 2013, 05:51:56 AM

turrrrdle

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on February 03, 2013, 12:46:37 PM
I did both my grips (1377) about a week ago with bed liner spray. I havent been happy, as its still tacky and everything sticks to it. The other day I let them sit in the sun for awhile and made no difference.

If the stars were aligned, I'd say its better than the slippery plastic grips and gives it a better appearance than smooth/shiny  brown plastic. Alot of people use it here and I'm the exception with a bad batch, or something.

I noticed acetone takes it off easily, which I'll do soon, and then try something else. I just dont like the thought of pounding those roll pins out of the front stock again.

i have sprayed alot of beds, however was many years ago if i remember correctly you are using the stuff designed for no slip which is suppose to be little sticky. best thing i can say is wash it off with something that wont mealt the grips. but i could be wrong and maybe you need to leave them outside for a week or so.

there are cheaper paints for texture. there is stuff you can get for rocker panels on cars cant remember what it called but you can get it at auto paint supply just tell them you want kick panel spray or rocker guard. also big box stores have alot of texture spray http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/catalog/servlet/Search?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&keyword=Textured%20Spray%20Paint&Ns=None&Ntpr=1&Ntpc=1&selectedCatgry=Search+All
troll on troll, you know who you are.

Tater

Someone could make a REALLY unique AG with some of those textured paints.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on February 03, 2013, 05:08:27 PM
I've used the flat black paint designed for wood stoves which has stood up very well.
Like Chongman says, rubbing the flat black will leave those areas with a satin gloss.  I don't mind that because it looks good on the grips, but I'd be hesitant to use it on larger areas. RC
Good one RC the paint for BBQs work also,
                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I've used the hi-temp pain for BBQ grills and it does work well.  Especially if you are really HOT handed!!!  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on February 03, 2013, 10:39:19 PM
I've used the hi-temp pain for BBQ grills and it does work well.  Especially if you are really HOT handed!!!  ;D

Carl

LOL !!
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!