• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Opened up the 1377 - quick questions

Started by Brent, February 10, 2013, 02:35:15 AM

Brent

Quote from: JEBert on February 10, 2013, 09:18:02 PM
I'm surprised that you didn't have a malfunction on your first  three shots.  You must have had some loose-fitting pellets.  I have had them not leave the barrel for 2 pumps.  Here is an excerpt from the 1377 owners manual.
"Pump at least 3 times, but no more than 10 times."
It also has the maintenance schedule for oiling it.
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/1377D515%20OM3.pdf
Glad you got it sorted.
Cheers,

Thanks Wyo!
Thanks Jerry!

You know... shot about 200 rounds through it today... and I am thinking it must be these pellets. Sixteen of the two hundred or so... did the same thing. After I cleared them through the breech (and all of them were pretty much right there... maybe a half inch in on some)... I would cock the gun again but with no pellet, no additional pumping - and it would fire normal. I also tried putting the one I just took out, back in... a couple of times (they looked fine)... and these would do it again... same thing, stuck in the barrel. It really seems it was the pellets.

What was weird is that the gun would only cycle the bolt/ trigger action (and what sounded like... maybe... maybe a touch of air)... the air pressure was still left in the gun. That is what I am still not clear about... any ideas/ thoughts on why that was?

Thanks for the owners manual heads up Jerry! I actually haven't read it  ;) lol

Was pumping 3 to 5 pumps average today. Actually had a chance to teach my son and his best friend, how to handle it, use the sights, etc., for their first time shooting. They did pretty good, not to bad for using it as a pistol... am ordering the carbine stock tomorrow for them.  :)  The girls were upset that they missed it, they were out shopping with their mom today.

breakfastchef

Clean the barrel and get a tin of good pellets!
Larry

Brent

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 11, 2013, 02:30:08 AM
Clean the barrel and get a tin of good pellets!

Gotcha... Definitely some different pellets. Good idea on cleaning up the barrel! Consider it done.