• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

New Pellets

Started by AS13, February 11, 2013, 09:34:10 PM

AS13

Got to try my trap out and tried some different pellets today. Trap worked great! Sitting shooting offhand at 30' I fired ten of each of H&N Sport and some RWS Hobby in my 2400KT .22 cal. Not sure of the correct way to measure the group, I left that out. It was close, but this round will go to the RWS Hobby.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

Crosshairs

Nice shooting how do you like that trap.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

AS13

The trap was excellent. I had a couple of pellets that fell out directly in front of the trap. Reviews I read said that they were noisy (pellets hitting trap). I took the packing that came with my pellets from PA and attached them to he back of the trap with double back tape. I only heard the sound of the gun.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

KevinP

Quote from: AS13 on February 11, 2013, 10:20:03 PM
The trap was excellent. I had a couple of pellets that fell out directly in front of the trap. Reviews I read said that they were noisy (pellets hitting trap). I took the packing that came with my pellets from PA and attached them to he back of the trap with double back tape. I only heard the sound of the gun.

Recycle America ...   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

farrlarr

Nice shooting!  For group size, measure from outside edge to outside edge, longest distance for a given group.  Subtract the diameter of the pellet used and what is left is your group size, center to center, which is the size usually reported.  To be a bit more accurate, measure an actual single hole for the pellet used, away from any group or other pellet hole, and subtract that size instead of the nominal pellet size.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

sweet!!
i have many different ways to measure groups the easist imo is to measure from the outer edge of the one hole to the inside edge of another the ones that appear to be the furthest apart
there are some very technical ways to get the groups size too.check out rimfirecentral.com they have some great posts for sizing groups
closed mouths dont get fed

Brent

Very nice shooting! Is the the Do-all 22lr trap?

DaveB50

Nice groups there. I have the same trap, works great. Only gripe: It leaks lead dust at the bottom seams, I  put duct tape on them to contain it. I also cut a piece of cardboard and put it in the front, to keep lead dust and the occasional pellet from coming out the front.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

quickster47 †

AirShooter that is some nice shooting.  Good grouping.  Having some good pellets makes a difference in how your gun shoots.

I have had one of those traps for a year or so and use it quite a bit when shooting outside.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bgmcgee

That's some good shooting  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

AS13

It's the Do-All BT222 trap. Rated for .17/.22 lead rim fire ammo. I used the duct tape trick to cover the small seams. Just don't drop it on your toe ;D
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

Fronzdan

Or carry it and accidentally brush the sharp corner of the thing against your leg.  I have one of the old old ones that they used to make out of heavier gauge steel.  I was wearing shorts when I was a kid and did that.  You can still see the scar.