• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Need help with an under barrel laser sight on a 1377

Started by izzydog, February 12, 2013, 11:23:20 PM

izzydog

Hi. First post, so bear with me... I just got a new 1377 and  will be ordering a 14" barrel  and new breech for it soon. The plan is to add a laser under the extended barrel. Is there a ring that will clamp to the barrel and also clamp to a laser or do I need to use a ring with a weaver mount and add the laser that way? I thought a double-clamp setup would be best not only because its more direct a mount, but might also have a lower stack height. The 1377 will be used primarily to hunt gophers on my property. I wear glasses so iron sights are fuzzy at arms length with my glasses on which is why I think a laser will be the best solution for me. Most of the gophers I see here are easily with 30 ft. Thanks!

quickster47 †

You might can use something like the Crosman Inter-Mount as that will give you a dovetail on which to mount your laser designator.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

Quote from: quickster47 on February 13, 2013, 12:17:57 AM
You might can use something like the Crosman Inter-Mount as that will give you a dovetail on which to mount your laser designator.

Carl

Yup, that's how I did mine on the 1377.

izzydog

Thanks, gentlemen. Does that Crosman mount have enough adjustment for sighting in the laser? I assume it does but it looks like a pretty basic clamp design.

BigErn

Quote from: izzydog on February 13, 2013, 12:52:07 AM
Thanks, gentlemen. Does that Crosman mount have enough adjustment for sighting in the laser? I assume it does but it looks like a pretty basic clamp design.

The adjustment for sighting in the laser is on the laser itself and not the mount. You can see the adjustment screws on the laser in the pic.

quickster47 †

izzydog, when you get a few minutes drop on over to the 'Introduce Yourself' thread and tell us a little bit about yourself.

Thanks,

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

izzydog

Thanks, BigErn - that makes sense. What kind of laser is that? Is it green or red? I was out in the yard today with a green laser and I was surprised by how bright the dot looks in strong daylight - which is probably the kind of light I'd be getting after the gophers with most of the time.

Fronzdan

Green is better for daylight and usually cost a little more.