Startling Result FPS & ft/lbs for a supposed AirSoft firearm.....

Started by allan.leigh04, February 14, 2013, 03:55:16 AM

allan.leigh04

Hi There,

Just yesterday I got the Chrono Connect App for Android phones.

Entering all the detail of bullet weight, distances etc from muzzle to target, and from the phone to the projectiles path today.
With 2 5 shot groups not at the specified 10 meters, but more like 6 meters, so the results will be a bit out.
Although I was dam surprised.

Group 1 the min fps was 643, the max 758; the ft/lbs were min 4.5,  the max 6.3.
The second group was FPS min 643 again, and max 758 again. The ft/lbs were min were again identical to group 1.

I was using a KJ Works Mk1, a knock off of the Ruger Mk1; I have uped the power slightly by adjusting and modifying the hammer spring, but not a huge amount.

I was using 0.32 BB pellets.

So allowing for lowering the values by a bit less than half; these are still impressive results for a supposed AirSoft replica firearm.

Dam know I would not want to take a shot from 5 meters or less in the face or throat.

I trust you find these results interesting, and if you have not got it, get the free Chrono App from Google Play Store, okay.

I even use it with my slingshot holding folded paper across the forks to register a sound for the shot, before it smashes the target for the second sound.
And the power ft/lbs of a slingshot firing 11/2 inch steel balls, or hex nuts; is way more than any air firearm for like the 30 meters I shoot at.

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

allan.leigh04

Hi Again,

I just did more testing at the correct distance of 10 meters; and the results were as follows:

1. Min FPS 450; and Max FPS was 574; and

2. The power was min. 2.2 Ft/Lbs, and Max 3.6 Ft/Lbs.

So about half the Ft/lbs; but the FPS not down alot at all.

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

allan.leigh04

I would be very interested in how this compares with tests by others ?

As I am no guru in this stuff, but I think it is some pretty mean speed, and hitting power.

It will be interesting in a couple of weeks to compare results with my ordered Crosman C31 firing steel BB's.

Now they would I think more than hurt at ranges out to 15 meters plus.

Regards

Allan