• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sear Spring Tension Adjuster

Started by AS13, February 15, 2013, 09:52:25 PM

AS13

I noticed after the last few shooting sessions that my trigger pull had changed on my 2400KT. It loosened to the point were the sear would not set when cocking the hammer. I thought this was odd. Today I removed the stock and cocked and dry fired the gun about a dozen times while watching the screw on the adjuster. Lo and behold the adjustment screw was slightly turning clockwise (less tension) while cocking. Easy fix...Got out my locktite ,took my adjuster apart, applied some to the threads and reassembled. Let it dry for about ten minutes and readjusted my trigger pull. Only issue is now I need needle nose pliers to adjust the tension screw. Oh well...The screw ain't moving on its own anymore!
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

BDS

Yup, i have used a thin star-washer to jam the parts together, similar idea and yes, those brass adjusters tend to loosen up (close ) over time.
Brian

breakfastchef

Was that a Crosman sear spring adjuster? I did not have that problem with the one that came on my 2300KT. Good catch, though, as the gun was close to being dangerous.
Larry

WyoMan

That was happening to me and one got bad almost unsafe...
so now I put a heavy wrap of teflon tape around the threads so it turns but is tight
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

quickster47 †

Maybe I'm missing something here but on my 2400KT adjusters, which I've never had a problem with, if you screw the nut up toward the tube you are increasing the spring tension and making the trigger stiffer.  When you screw the nut down toward the bottom of the grip you are reducing spring tension.  And when at the bottom of the adjuster the nut can go no further.

Please explain or show me a picture of what you are saying.  And truthfully I am just trying to understand the problem you are speaking about.  The only possible explanation is that you changed the spring.

Have you changed out the original spring that came on your 2400KT?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

AS13

Hey Carl...Yep lighter (cut) sear spring. What you show in your photo was bout how I had mine set. When cocking and firing over 40 plus rounds, the set screw would turn down (clockwise) and loosen tension. I don't know why, maybe a Crosman gremlin ???
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

quickster47 †

Quote from: AS13 on February 15, 2013, 11:49:08 PM
Hey Carl...Yep lighter (cut) sear spring. What you show in your photo was bout how I had mine set. When cocking and firing over 40 plus rounds, the set screw would turn down (clockwise) and loosen tension. I don't know why, maybe a Crosman gremlin ???

With the Crosman OEM spring I would leave mine all the way at the bottom of the travel.  That gave me a fairly light trigger and never any problems with it moving on me.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

chongman

Once you have the adjuster set like you want it use some green loctite (for stuff already assembled).
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

That stuff, green Locktite, will keep it from moving for sure.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

The one I have is too strong even when screwed all the way down.  I'm either going to find a lighter spring or start cutting coils off the factory spring.
Stranded in California.

AS13

Yeah...I use the blue loctite. Lets you move/adjust as needed.
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

BDS

Cheaper and better than Cros brass adjuster....

Lighter spring (smaller wire) cut length till gun barely cocks then, adjust by adding 2 or 3 thin, brass washers on the post on the grip frame. Problem solved, gun cocks every time but, washers won't ever un-thread and, you can still fine tune it and have space to lengthen or shorten or change spring.
Brian