New back packer

Started by mrb02334, February 20, 2013, 07:57:07 PM

mrb02334

I finley got around to shooting my new 2289. Cleaned the barrell with Go-gone, wasn't much there. Fit and finish are very good, the only exception is a lot of play in the pump arm.However the stock fits tightly, no play at all.  Was very supprised how accurate it is. I bench rested it at about 25 feet and was using cheepe China no name pellets. Shots were right were I aimed.I was only using the cheepe pellets to break it in, but the gun seemed to like them. I'll try better pellets when my arm recovers. Old age is a bummer. I think I'll either hire somebody to pump it for me or get 3 feet of pipe. Let ya all know how it turns out.
Jon

BDS

yay to your new gun...  :-*

it will lighten up a little on pump effort after a few 100 rounds

part of the pump arm "wobble" is the plastic barrel band/pump arm retainer and sloppy clearances from the factory, you may want to add an aftermarket barrel band at some point or, do some creative shimming and bushing of the linkage area and tube

these are great shooters out of the box, my new one only has a trigger polish and spring change, a 760 fiber optic front sight and all else is stock... lightweight and near one-hole shooter at 20 yards or less
Brian

quickster47 †

You didn't get the little brochure that talks about how buying a Crosman is also an investment in your health and excercise program.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

Quote from: quickster47 on February 20, 2013, 09:56:56 PM
You didn't get the little brochure that talks about how buying a Crosman is also an investment in your health and excercise program.  :D

Carl

;D ;D but so true ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

BerkshireHunter

Nice! Where are the pic? Just kiddin'