• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Installing steel breech and new valve

Started by mudduck48, February 21, 2013, 06:10:03 PM

mudduck48

I know this has been talked about alot on the forum, but for those of us that have CRS, cant' remember shxxxt. This needs to be seen again, I think. Thanks to Smaug for this info.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,5425.0.html
This is great info.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

tnpaw

Mudduck, you wouldn't have CrossTimer's would you! I have been accused of haveing CrossTimer's and BowTimer's and I ferget Whatever else I been Accused Of!.....John  ???

mudduck48

Probably getting there. What happened was, I couldn't remember if you are suppose to oil the transfer port seal when you put the gun back together. I ran accross this in my search. And yes, you are suppose to oil the seal.

1377x

Quote from: tnpaw on February 21, 2013, 08:23:31 PM
Mudduck, you wouldn't have CrossTimer's would you! I have been accused of haveing CrossTimer's and BowTimer's and I ferget Whatever else I been Accused Of!.....John  ???
;D ;D ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Not sure if ol' mudduck48 suffers from the same thing I suffer from and that is MBS.  I got it real bad.

Carl

MBS = Multiple Birthday Syndrome

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

WyoMan

Quote from: quickster47 on February 21, 2013, 11:38:13 PM
Not sure if ol' mudduck48 suffers from the same thing I suffer from and that is MBS.  I got it real bad.

Carl

MBS = Multiple Birthday Syndrome
;D ;D ;D Multiple Birthday Presents too....make sure to ask for crosmans  :-*
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

JEBert

I guess it just depends on your point of view but I personally don't consider having even multiple, multiple birthdays as a syndrome.  Not having any more birthdays would be much worse.  :)
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

tnpaw

This place is better than watching the Boob Tube anyday! You all Crack me up! ;D ;D ;D ;D ???.....John

Tater

Thank yo mudduck. I hadn't sen that yet and just bookmarked it. I do want that PDF thought.   :(
Does that guy still post here?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

mudduck48

I just checked the members list and he has not posted since Jan of this year. Do not know what happened to him.

1377x

Quote from: Tater on February 22, 2013, 11:30:36 PM
Thank yo mudduck. I hadn't sen that yet and just bookmarked it. I do want that PDF thought.   :(
Does that guy still post here?
???
what did i miss?

WyoMan

Quote from: 1377x on February 23, 2013, 02:48:41 AM
???
what did i miss?
Did you see the post by Smaug which is the most detailed I've ever seen?
Only thing I do different is attach breech w/ barrel to tube before attaching the grip frame because its easier to hold that way...
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

mudduck48

1377x

Quote from: WyoMan on February 23, 2013, 02:59:51 AM
Did you see the post by Smaug which is the most detailed I've ever seen?
Only thing I do different is attach breech w/ barrel to tube before attaching the grip frame because its easier to hold that way...
did you read the whole thread?
Quote from: mudduck48 on February 23, 2013, 03:20:37 AM
Ed, it is something that should, IMO that should be a sticky.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,5425.0.html
is everything in order?
it might be something that can be made into a sticky
i havent read the thread
we would have to locate it in a section where it would be visible to any type of gun
i'll get around to reading it soon