• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Shot the semi bling 2240 today

Started by arkmaker †, February 23, 2013, 12:48:21 AM

arkmaker †

Everything is stock on this except for the polished tube and barrel, front site, trigger shoe and grips. I have another tube, barrel, grips and site so I can change it all out in order to shoot in the March 2240 Stock only competition!

She hits hard with the stock valve and spring. I was a bit surprise by it. Next time I will break out the chrony and see what it is actually clocking at. As for accuracy? Well, my first 3 shots were in a 2 inch circle and I never adjusted my sites at all. I said "Good to go" and pinned up the CAPOF standard 5M target and shot my monthly comp. Boy o Boy was I missing big time. I honestly think the barrel was shooting good and it was my shakes that through me off.  Another thing I will check before disassembly is with it bench rested. I think this is a shooters barrel (the polished one). Anyway, there ya go for an update.

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Looking good there Mister Rich.  Is she doing okay?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

what kind of shooting did you do?
function? velocity tests? accuracy tests? a little show boating maybe ??? ;) ;D
closed mouths dont get fed

chongman

Looking mighty fine Rich  :-*

I dig that green trigger shoe, first I've seen in that color.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

You guys must have been typing when I was updating the fist post. Take a looksie now..........
And Thanks.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Thanks for that timely update

I was shooting my box stock 2240 today and was thoroughly enjoying the simpe pleasure of the gun.  It was loads of fun, enough that I went through a tin of .22 caliber wadcutters and six powerlets.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

Quote from: quickster47 on February 23, 2013, 01:42:41 AM
Thanks for that timely update

I was shooting my box stock 2240 today and was thoroughly enjoying the simpe pleasure of the gun.  It was loads of fun, enough that I went through a tin of .22 caliber wadcutters and six powerlets.

Carl

I burned through about 100 pellets or so. 3 carts worth and still have some gas left over in the 3rd cart. I have liked the 2240 based guns the best since I first owned one!

gdm620

Looking good Rich.  All I ever shot in that barrel was Crosman domes.  Rested with open sights most of the time I could get 3/4" groups at ten yards.  Sometimes a little bigger groups.  Depends on the day.  I would get some flyers with it also.  Don't know if it was the pellets or me.  I can't shoot open sights very good.  Never had a scope on it.  Keep us updated.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

breakfastchef

It is very satisfying to shoot a stock 2240. I particularly like the fact that all types of pellets load though the stock breech with ease. Something you can't say for a Crosman steel breech.
Larry

BerkshireHunter

Crosshairs

I'm liking it rich nice job  :-*
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 23, 2013, 02:24:24 AM
It is very satisfying to shoot a stock 2240. I particularly like the fact that all types of pellets load though the stock breech with ease. Something you can't say for a Crosman steel breech.

It was really nice just dropping the pellet into the breech and it sliding right in...smooth. Something to be said about the stock breech alright! That brings up I will need to change out the bolt and handle back to stock...........hmm, guess this was further away from stock than I thought!

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on February 23, 2013, 02:24:24 AM

And what is most amazing about that plastic stock breech is the fact that the breech screw is in the front yet does not appear to impede the pellet loading.

So why is it that when we change to the steel breech, keeping the same barrel, the gun starts getting persnickety about the pellets that it likes?  What is it that causes the pellets to hang up, with wadcutters being the worst in my opinion.

Your thoughts...

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

WyoMan

Quote from: quickster47 on February 23, 2013, 03:43:41 AM
And what is most amazing about that plastic stock breech is the fact that the breech screw is in the front yet does not appear to impede the pellet loading.

So why is it that when we change to the steel breech, keeping the same barrel, the gun starts getting persnickety about the pellets that it likes?  What is it that causes the pellets to hang up, with wadcutters being the worst in my opinion.

Your thoughts...

Carl

The steel edge of the breech screw hole is harder and sharper than the plastic....some folks use wax to fill in but
I take the edge off with sandpaper and don't have any problems....helps with accuracy too  :-* :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance