• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman Custom Shop

Started by Hooper, February 26, 2013, 01:03:13 AM

Hooper

Got started looking to make a couple of mods to my 1377.  I wanted a steel breech ($35), shoulder stock ($25) and a longer barrel like 18 inches ($30).  That's like $90.  Then I looked at the Custom Shop 2400KT carbine. It has all the above and costs just $86.92.  So I just ordered one for the parts!  Figure I can swap them onto the 1377 and it's like gettin' the CO2 gun for free. Am I missing something?

Brent

you can get the shoulder stock for $10.87... part number 1399A001 (actually just got mine in today)

You will need some grips then - and the best ones are those for the 1701p. I just got those too, and they were $1.74 each side. Part numbers 1700-031 and 1700-032

Shipping is $4 for all your ordered parts from Crosman - versus the $15 for the CCS gun.

I could be wrong (good possibility) but I am not sure the 1377 breech you have now will work on that 2400?? I am also assuming you got the 2400 as a .177

I am pretty sure the barrel will swap over OK though.

Look for those with more knowledge to chime in here. I am so very much still a newbie on this.

Crosshairs

Yep that's a good idea you might want to check out the LW match barrel it's worth the extra loot IMO. Good luck hope to see your build soon.  :-*
                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Brent

Mike - will that 1377 breech... work on that 2400?

You know - in thinking about it more... you might just swap barrels and add some 1701p grips to the 2400 - and have maybe a better combination overall. I like my co2 2300s allot more than my 1377  ;)

I also just remembered... you will need another barrel band for the 1377 - to allow for that longer barrel to go through it. I think the one on the 1389 would work - but don't quote me on that. Guys??

quickster47 †

Quote from: Brent on February 26, 2013, 01:33:04 AM
Mike - will that 1377 breech... work on that 2400?

It will actually work on the 2400 but there might be a difference in the placement of the 4-48 breech screw.  The steel breech for the 1377 has the 4-48 screw in the front location.  And the 1377 tube only has the front location tapped whereas the 2400 and 2240 tubes has the front and rear location tapped for the 4-48 screw.

Hope that makes sense.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Dean

Hi Hooper,
I am a newbie too.
I ordered a KT2400 and it is definitely worth the money.
As you say; the parts alone are over the cost of the carbine.
Don't forget the adjustible sear spring for trigger pull, triger shoe, and the adjustable trigger stop...
Not to mention the engraving!
Dean

Brent

Quote from: Dean on February 26, 2013, 01:40:07 AM
Don't forget the adjustible sear spring for trigger pull, and the adjustable trigger stop...
Not to mention the engraving!
Dean

Yah - those come stock with your 2400kt  :-* :)

(hey... I just noticed I am a Crosmaniac now LOL I guess 250 was the magic number. Don't listen to me to close though... as I have allot more Crosmania to learn still lol)

AgentWD40_FL

Quote from: Brent on February 26, 2013, 01:33:04 AM

I also just remembered... you will need another barrel band for the 1377 - to allow for that longer barrel to go through it. I think the one on the 1389 would work - but don't quote me on that. Guys??

You dont necessarily need the barrel band.  If your handy with a dremel, you can open it up the stock one. The sight you can grind down, or leave it alone.

I did that, and added an 18" barrel.  I'm extremely pleased with it, its a real snug fit. I made the extra effort and ground the sight down and then kept sanding with finer and finer paper.  Final was to buff it and it almost looks like it came that way.

Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

Brent

There you go... That's a good idea  :-*
LOVE that gun  :)

Tater

Quote from: Brent on February 26, 2013, 01:27:28 AM
you can get the shoulder stock for $10.87... part number 1399A001 (actually just got mine in today)

Quote from: AgentWD40_FL on February 26, 2013, 02:10:54 AM

That stock is only $10.87? If so, I need one.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Hooper

Thanks for the info and suggestions.

Quickster is right about the breech screw locations.  Looks like the 2400 steel breech won't fit on the 1377....unless I drill and tap another 4-48 hole.  That looks pretty tricky to get it in exactly the right location.  Oh well, two (stock and barrel) out of three isn't bad.  And I get a gas gun to play with.  Heading down the slippery slope I guess.

My goal is to have a gun that is very accurate at 20 yds or so and quiet which is why I chose the 1377 initially.  Power is not a significant factor at the moment.

Hooper

Brent

Quote from: Tater on February 26, 2013, 06:51:25 AM
That stock is only $10.87? If so, I need one.

It is Tater. I have the shipping invoice in front of me. The fore stock like on WD's gun... is $8.75 (part number 1389-025)

Took about 15 days to get to me though... but the shipping was $4 so that eases the pain of waiting some (some lol)

JEBert

QuoteThat looks pretty tricky to get it in exactly the right location.
It is a very simple process.  Install the breech and use a transfer punch to mark where you need the hole.  If you have no transfer punches, use the largest drill bit that will fit through the breech hole, just DON'T DRILL THROUGH! ONLY MAKE A MARK LIKE A CENTERPUNCH WOULD.  Take the breech off and drill and tap your marked spot.  I use a drill press and drill press vice to drill and tap the hole to get it perpendicular to the tube.  If you use the drill press to tap the hole, UNPLUG IT and turn the chuck by hand till the tap is started and then take it out of the drill press and finish the threads by hand.
I can do it for you if you will ship the tube and breech to me.  Just pay for shipping.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Hooper

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the advice on how to do the breech screw hole and your very generous offer to drill and tap it for me.  Still don't have the parts yet, but I would need a 4-48 tap and a #42 drill bit.  That should be about $10, so drilling it does make financial sense.  Or I could just buy the 1377 steel breech and have two serviceable air guns. I don't really want to put the plastic breech on the 2400. 

In the meantime I've spent lots of time going over the posts on this forum getting some ideas. So I ordered a 1760SE .177 barrel and some other things from Crosman. Unfortunately they sent me a .22 barrel by mistake.  They are sending me another barrel (no charge for shipping) but I decided to keep the .22 barrel rather then ship it back.  Might come in handy for the next project.  I also picked up an aftermarket sear, some quality pellets,  an adjustable sear spring setup and the 459MT scope mount.  It's a start.

JEBert

Hooper,
All you need to go with that .22 barrel is a .22 bolt and you can swap between .22 and .177 at will.  Only takes a few minutes to swap em.
I didn't think about you needing the tap.  I walked into a place called McClamrock Machinery here in Shreveport early last year and they had the 4-48 tap on hand.  I was in there for a different tap (metric for my brother's truck engine) and figured I'd stump them.  I was surprised when they brought out the 4-48 too.  I bought both of them.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)