• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Fiber optic rear sight

Started by cohiba, February 26, 2013, 05:04:10 PM

Bill L.

Thanks for the info Jerry.I have ordered the WGOS fiber optic  slide/blade for my WGRS.Probably don't need the slide  but I could not find the blade by its self.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

BDS

Brian

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Looks like it fits 3/8" dovetails, like the Cros steel breech, not the OEM plastic one.
Brian

cohiba

Ok guys i did it. I took one for the team............

I was in the mood last night to tinker and took a plunge for modding my Williams Notch sight. Like i mentioned i used a cutoff disc for my Dremel. This was perfect because the wheels thickness with just under the FO piece i had. I fired it up and carefully made two grooves with the Dremel and WOW the FO fit perfect. I felt a little "snap" when it went in so im confident they will hold without using any glue. I think it turned out good, they are not perfect, but pretty close IMHO.

quickster47 †

Nice job.  It came out quite good.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

chongman

Fantastic  :-*

Where do you get these pieces of FO?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

cohiba

I bought a MC barrel band for a 13XX that was sighted and he gave me several pieces of various color FO to exchange and install whatever i preferred on his band.

The front sight on my brake is green, so i used the red FO on the rear. If im not mistaken i have some green and some yellow FO still from MC they are about 1.5 inch long.

BigErn

Good idea and great job cohiba!

Bill L.

Quote from: Tater on February 27, 2013, 11:20:33 PM
Oooo! I like that one and it's only $20 too. Do you know if it would fit on a plastic or steel crosman breech?

NO,It will not.You must have the WGRS-54 base to go with it.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Tater

Quote from: Bill L. on February 28, 2013, 03:26:22 AM
NO,It will not.You must have the WGRS-54 base to go with it.

&$#^%#, thanks Bill.    :(
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

JEBert

QuoteNO,It will not.You must have the WGRS-54 base to go with it.
X2.  If anyone finds a WGRS 54 base that sells independently from the peep for under $20 like the WGOS base, let the rest of us know.  It is MSRP is $39, I paid $27 for the WGRS over a year ago and it is now $29 on sale.  The notch to go on it is ~$9 @ Midway so I'm still spending around $40 for it.  I keep thinking I'll find a WGOS base that will fit on .22 rimfire scope rails but so far, no luck.
I have another WGRS in my basket with the notch blade along with a few other things but am waiting on a birthday discount code from Midway before I pull the trigger.  Maybe tomorrow because my birthday is in March and I've been a Midway customer for 20+ years.  They always send me a birthday discount code.  Usually AFTER I spend money with them in Jan or Feb.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mudduck48

I just looked at 303 williams sight on Midway. That is corn fuzing. It looks like they do have the different blades and apatures that might work.
http://www.midwayusa.com/find?usersearchquery=williams+sights&itemsperpage=96&pageNumber=1
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.