• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My first 1377 on the way

Started by iflyos, February 28, 2013, 03:59:09 PM

iflyos

I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on a refurb 1377 from R&L Airguns.  I am looking forward to it getting here, and starting the upgrade process.  After much reading over the last few weeks, I felt like the 13xx series was the smart choice for fun and versatility.  I am sure it will beat the pants off my old Auto Air II, LOL!

Tim 

quickster47 †

1377 are great guns with lots of small options for improvements.

Make sure you shoot it for awhile when you first get it to be sure the barrel is in good shape.  That also gives you a good opportunity to get to know your gun and sort of decide on what path you want to take for improvements.

You will also find that lots of guys keep them stock because right out of the box they are very accurate shooters.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Tater

Exciting times ahead!
If you plan to do any power mods, it's not a bad idea to chrony it in stock form to have a base.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

agninja

Black air pistols matter.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

I like your thinking, my first 1377  ;D good for you and congrats. So what's your plans for it ?
                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BerkshireHunter

iflyos

Plans...Hmm...first I am gonna drool over it, then wipe it off and check it over real good, then I am gonna shoot shoot it and get to know it.

I want to build a mild carbine, with a detachable stock. Something reliable and useful for target shooting and for small game.  The steel breech is a given, and then I am gonna look hard at a piston and valve.  I am undecided about barrel length, since portability is gonna be important. 

I need to beg, borrow or buy a chrony for sure. 

tnpaw

I started to pull the trigger on one, but with almost $20 for shipping, it is the same price as I can get one at WallyWorld, and it is not Refurbished! ........John  ???

iflyos

Well, R&L is quick to ship.  I just checked the tracking and it is already at my local post office, so it should be here today.  tnpaw, had I been able to get one in my local Walmart, I would have, but they were not in stock...seems they have been grabbed up by folks around here, much like other things in the sporting goods department.

They do still have pellets and other airguns, but the 1377 has not been on the shelves in a while according to the employees there.

With the speed of shipping from R&L, I am glad I chose to buy from them.  From what I have read here and on other forums, they are great to do business with, so I am happy with my decision.

I am headed to a gunshow in town in a bit, so with any luck I will have several new toys to play with this afternoon  ;)

iflyos

I gotta say, I am impressed!  The 1377 I got shoots great!  I was hoping for a black stock one, but got brown instead..but that's OK.  It didnt take long to get it sighted in, though I do need a bench rest of some sort to spend some more time with it.

After sighting it two handed, I decided to just spend some time plinking and getting to know it.  Clothespins didn't have a chance!

Before I go to crazy with mods, I do want a stock.  I would like to have a detachable stock, so I need to see whats available, or make my own.   I need to look at the parts breakdown for the gun and see if I can press my 3D printer into service to make an adapter for a stock  :)

quickster47 †

You might want to consider the Crosman 1399 stock and there new 1389-025 pump arm.  Both are black pieces and really make the 1377 an easier to shoot gun and lots more comfortable.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

airguns100

The OG gangster of the "bling"

DaveB50

Crosman has their stock for less than $12, if you call the order in ($26+ about $10 shipping online). While your at it you can get the black grips and forearm for about $13 more and $4 shipping for the whole parts order.  They also have the smooth black grips from the 1701P.
Phone 1-800-724-7486
Forearm 1389-025 
Stock 1399A001
Right Grip 1700-032
Left Grip 1700-031
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

iflyos

Awesome info guys. Thanks!  Looks like I will be calling Crosman Monday!