• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I learned something...

Started by mudduck48, February 28, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

mudduck48

I learned something yesterday when I got my 1322 upgrade build done. I learned that the LPA MIM rear sight does not work with the 14.5" backpacker barrel. It will not raise up high enough for  me to sight it in. All the way up and I hit about 1 1/2" low at 20ft. Even with full front sight blade at the top it's still 1/2" low. Duck poop! Now I have a $300 gun I can not use, and I have to throw more money at it to get to work right. Working on these guns IS a learning experience.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

What are you using for your front sight?  You might can make the necessary adjustments to the front sight.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JEBert

Making it shoot higher is pretty simple.  File down the front sight.
Any change to the front end like the LDC with a sight pin, will affect the POI elevation.
Needing a shorter front sight is a darn sight easier to fix than needing a taller one.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on February 28, 2013, 10:14:19 PM
What are you using for your front sight?  You might can make the necessary adjustments to the front sight.

Carl
x1
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Brian

mudduck48

Yep, I thougth of filing. So I shot the last shot at my target with FULL front sight blade and still hit low. Here is the front sight I'm using. It came with the backpacker barrel I bought on ebay.

breakfastchef

Larry

JEBert

QuoteFile it or get used to holding over.
If filing it doesn't get it low enough, install a shorter front sight.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

mudduck48

I appreciate all the input on this, but cutting down the front sight is not going to work. I held FULL front sight blade and it still shot low. The LPA MIM sight is not made for this applaction. I need a different sight. And I do not want a scope. I want open sights. Thank you all for your input. I'm about ready to put it back the way it was.

quickster47 †

How about a Williams rear notch sight.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brent

It sounds to me that you need to get a different front sight. They offer the LPA MIM sight on the 2400kt... with the regular Crosman blade sight..
and I wouldn't think they would offer that if it was not working OK for them. Sounds like that Backpacker front sight is different.  ???

What breech do you have on there?

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on March 01, 2013, 03:18:03 AM
It sounds to me that you need to get a different front sight. They offer the LPA MIM sight on the 2400kt... with the regular Crosman blade sight..
and I wouldn't think they would offer that if it was not working OK for them. Sounds like that Backpacker front sight is different.  ???

What breech do you have on there?
I have the Crosman steel breech for the 2240. I guess they call it the long breech.

JEBert

I think that Brent meant which front sight do you have on there.  I believe that the one that comes with the new backpacker is the same as the regular 2240 sight.  Crosman's fiber optic sight is even taller.
I have a Blue Fork front sight that could be filed a good bit lower but I am not willing to part with it and don't don't want to file it.  Here is a pic I stole from online somewhere.  I don't remember whose gun this is.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

mudduck48

Thanks for the info. The barrel I have is the real 2289 backpacker barrel, 14 1/2" not the "bugout kit backpacker 12" barrel. And it's not the 2240 14 1/2" barrel with the barrel band notch. The front sight came with the barrel when I bought it off ebay.

JEBert

Send it to me and let me test it out for you.   :)
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member