• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I learned something...

Started by mudduck48, February 28, 2013, 10:07:10 PM

1377x

you dont need that lpa sight duck its causing you to much aggravation
you can get peace by sending me the sight and your qi will equalize ;D ;D ;D
hope you get it figured out.
how was the barrel packed? hope it didnt get bent up
closed mouths dont get fed

ped

is the barrel bent? you could try one of the db4 rear sights that archer sells
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

tnpaw

Have you thought about using a Crosman MuzzleBreak , with the post! It would be easy to modify to the way you want it, short,tall,skinny or Fat! Just a Suggestion!.....John ???

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on March 01, 2013, 09:29:38 AM
you dont need that lpa sight duck its causing you to much aggravation
you can get peace by sending me the sight and your qi will equalize ;D ;D ;D
hope you get it figured out.
how was the barrel packed? hope it didnt get bent up
Before I took the gun apart to do the up grades, I could put 5 Gamo match pellets in almost one hole under the size of a dime at 20ft. I don't think the barrel is bent.
I have been looking and it looks like the Williams WGRS-54 sight might be what I need.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Brent

Cool on the Williams sight... but I am still wondering.....
If that is a regular front sight, a regular steel breech, and a standard LPA Min... why is it not lining up? I am liking the LPA for a build one day... and am thinking I'll be using that combination. Doesn't make sense that it is not working... they use it all day long on a 2400kt. Anyone else use this combination, and have this problem?

mudduck48

And another thing, the LPA MIM sight, IMO, is not made to be used up close like with the sholder stock. You can see the whole front sight and then some. At arms lenght it's much better. Not a carbine sight. It might be going out on ebay soon.

Brent

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 01, 2013, 06:50:04 PM
And another thing, the LPA MIM sight, IMO, is not made to be used up close like with the sholder stock. You can see the whole front sight and then some. At arms lenght it's much better. Not a carbine sight. It might be going out on ebay soon.

That makes more sense. So if you hold the gun like a pistol... it is OK?

mudduck48

Quote from: Brent on March 01, 2013, 08:05:55 PM
That makes more sense. So if you hold the gun like a pistol... it is OK?
It still won't work with the long barrel. At arms length you can just see the sight better. It's not IMO made for carbine use.

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 01, 2013, 08:28:37 PM
It's not IMO made for carbine use.

You have finally hit the proverbial nail on the head.  :-* :-* :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

I think they made it for the stock 2240 with a steel breech. What's the barrel 7 1/2"?

BDS

The Duck is on it... those LPA MIM sights are nice compared to the stock sight but... they work best with "fat" and short radius front sight pictures.

Same with some of the Wiliams notch sights, notice that Mike (Crosshairs) has his Williams mounted way forward on the steel breech with long barrel? Helps to fill up the notch sight picture like open sights on most air rifles (especially springers) the rear notch sight is darn near at or in front of the breech and the o'l eyeball is way back at the comb of the stock!
Brian

Brent

Quote from: BDS on March 01, 2013, 11:16:33 PM
The Duck is on it... those LPA MIM sights are nice compared to the stock sight but... they work best with "fat" and short radius front sight pictures.

Same with some of the Wiliams notch sights, notice that Mike (Crosshairs) has his Williams mounted way forward on the steel breech with long barrel? Helps to fill up the notch sight picture like open sights on most air rifles (especially springers) the rear notch sight is darn near at or in front of the breech and the o'l eyeball is way back at the comb of the stock!

Yah... this is making more sense now. That sounds right. Good example on the springers.

Kind of bums me out a little. I was so planning on a LPA on the eventual carbine with the 18" barrel. Liked that smaller tighter low profile look the best. Feeling lucky though that this came up before I did. Duck PMed me a couple times today as I was asking him more... he was helping me get it too.

1377x

the lpa sights only became popular when they was no longer available then everyone wanted one.before that happened they was a cheap sight and always for sale on the forums with complaints
closed mouths dont get fed