• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

got my 2240 set up how i want it shoots great pics

Started by howie1968, February 28, 2013, 10:34:56 PM

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

nice gun and its shooting good too
especially using a red dot thats some fine shooting on your part
if you have an android phone while you are waiting for your chrony download the chroconnect app.its a free chrony that works really good for what it is .several of the members here are using it and like it.the numbers they post are in the ballpark for their mods
closed mouths dont get fed

tnpaw

Howie, good looking shooter! And I like your choice of pellet trap! :-*?......John

agninja

I modded my trigger for approximately $0 with items I literally had lying around my house. A plastic screw anchor works great on the retaining post to hold the sear spring. You may need to cut the tip off the tapered end and nip a full coil off the spring to get the right fit and tension. Then take a four-way finger nail file to file and buff the sear so it is smooth and polished. Takes less than 30 minutes and costs next to nothing, and gives you a hair trigger.
Black air pistols matter.

howie1968

i live on 50 acres so no concern for neigboors so if it wont improve accuracy i may not get omne but if it will help performance id grab one in a heartbeat
I am a hunting guide In texas and Colorado
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22

Brent

Quote from: agninja on March 01, 2013, 02:59:25 PM
I modded my trigger for approximately $0 with items I literally had lying around my house. A plastic screw anchor works great on the retaining post to hold the sear spring. You may need to cut the tip off the tapered end and nip a full coil off the spring to get the right fit and tension. Then take a four-way finger nail file to file and buff the sear so it is smooth and polished. Takes less than 30 minutes and costs next to nothing, and gives you a hair trigger.
Cool :)

DaveB50

Nice looking shooter there Howie. And it shoots as good as it looks.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

blake.l

Nice looking shooter.... Looks like that yellow jacket bag target is on its last leg.... :) :)

onebaddj

Nice shooter. The stock triggers are nice once cleaned up. Spent about 5 hours on the last one. I use plastic washer that came with my aluminium shed and sand them to fit and take out slop. Im all about free. Thats great shooting with a dot sight too. How far were you shooting?
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

Iagent

That long barrel really makes an accurate pistol amazingly better.  It's great to see good air guns still made in the USA, when it seems that we no longer Mfg much of anything at all.
Shoot safely. Have fun.

howie1968

i was shooting from 15 yards bro, when i get back any farther the dot covers up alot of the 3 inch bullseye
I am a hunting guide In texas and Colorado
Crosman 2240
2 crosman 357
crosman 2289
Benjamin xl1100 22
QB 78 177
QB 78 22