• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Silly Me

Started by Crosshairs, March 01, 2013, 01:48:48 PM

Crosshairs

Maybe i'm crazy but i would love a muzzle brake made out of wood or something that looks like wood. I have a few ideas like covering one of mine with wood looking contact paper, so what do you guys thing. This 2250XE would look sweet with a wood break to finish this beauty off.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KevinP

Ha... as i am into woodworking I have been thinking of a trigger shoe ,, perhaps maple or oak ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Quote from: KevinP on March 01, 2013, 01:51:31 PM
Ha... as i am into woodworking I have been thinking of a trigger shoe ,, perhaps maple or oak ...
Yes indeed Kevin that wood look nice.:D

HappyHunter

Not silly at all, Mike! I think it would look great on that gun  :-*

Not my gun, but still a pretty nice example:

Personally, I would have made the aluminum caps a bit shorter, making the wood portion longer, but to each his own!  ;)
Todd

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

KevinP

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 01, 2013, 01:58:37 PM
Yes indeed Kevin that wood look nice.:D

And perhaps a bolt handle ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

crossliner

There is a woodgrain finish powdercoat I have seen it here. For a tube like that it's going to be around $3.50...

KevinP

Quote from: crossliner on March 01, 2013, 02:04:51 PM
There is a woodgrain finish powdercoat I have seen it here. For a tube like that it's going to be around $3.50...

That is cool ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

agninja

A couple of ideas come to mind. With the right drills and sanding, a wooden dowel could be hallowed out and fit over your existing muzzle brake. The end of the muzzle would still be open though, unless you put an end cap piece of wood on that and glued it in place.

There's also the option of painting the metal muzzle to look like wood. There are several techniques you can use, but it does require some amount of artistry. I would use spray paint and prime it first, then paint a base layer that is tan/yellow. Then I'd take some brown spray paint and put it in a container with some paint thinner and use a brush to apply it so that it leaves streaks and transparent portions that simulate the colors and texture of wood grain. Then finish it with some clear coat to give it that smooth, uniform, glossy varnished wood look.
Black air pistols matter.

crossliner

Quote from: KevinP on March 01, 2013, 02:10:52 PM
That is cool ...

I was actually thinking of building another blowgun w/ wood-simulated powdercoat but I am not much into native motif..Well for its price I might try it just for display/collection.

breakfastchef

Find a cabinet shop nearby and try to find some wood veneer with roughly the same grain and color of your stock. Remove the CF on the LDC and glue on the veneer.
Larry

Crosshairs

All good ideas guys thanks for your input.  :-*
                                Mike

sandpiper

chongman

I like the real wood and aluminum concept. Using paint/powdercoat/sticker just doesn't seem right. I've seen some exotic wood in pen blanks but wonder how large of a diameter you can get them in.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Crosshairs

The veneer sounds like a good idea it's cheap and very easy do use i have worked with it before. I might even have some laying around don't why i didn't think of it.
                                    Mike

BigErn

3M makes vinyl wraps like carbon fiber and perhaps wood grains. I see them at the auto parts store. Next time I go I  will check to see what they have. I too like the idea of a wood brake.