• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 hard to cock.

Started by guyross, March 01, 2013, 07:20:22 PM

guyross

I have added a Crosman steel breech to my 1377. Put in a flat top piston and valve with a lighter spring where it would dump all the air. It was shooting great and they after shooting it a lot the cocking handle takes an extreme effort to pull the bolt back. Unlike my 2240 with a Crosman breech. Both have the original bolt. The binding doesn't start until I install the breech. Any idea what it could be?

Thanks   

BDS

How did you get a (one pc) stock bolt into a steel breech?

And, assuming I didnt' miss something in your notes, it sounds like you have a screw length issue with the rear most screw at the top of the breech? If it is too long, it will interfere with the hammer and cocking sequence (so will the bottom screw directly in line with it).
Brian

tnpaw

Did you drill and tap the old bolt handle out! If you did you may have swelled the hole in the probe a little! And I 2nd what BDS said! About the screws maybe being to long! Hitting Hammer or spring or both! You will probably have to take apart and check for signs of something being hit! Also check your probe bolt, sometimes they can be just a little Fat! And need to be dressed up a bit!....John  ???

mudduck48

Quote from: BDS on March 01, 2013, 07:28:50 PM
How did you get a (one pc) stock bolt into a steel breech?

And, assuming I didnt' miss something in your notes, it sounds like you have a screw length issue with the rear most screw at the top of the breech? If it is too long, it will interfere with the hammer and cocking sequence (so will the bottom screw directly in line with it).
I just installed the Crosman steel breech on my 1322 and had to take the stock rear sight screw and cut it off 3 1/2 threads. I checked all that before I installed the barrel.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

breakfastchef

The rear breech screw from the OEM breech is too long to use with the steel breech.  As mudduck stated, take off @3 threads to shorten it up. Don't know why Crosman does not put that in the installation instructions. Now, the screw is snugged into the hammer spring restricting it from moving properly.
Larry

mudduck48

The Crosman steel breech is made for the 2240. It said in my instructions to take the gun apart and save the rear breech screw. If you can take your rear breech screw out of your 2240 you will see how long you need to make the screw for your 1377.

quickster47 †

Whenever I have purchased a Crosman long steel breech for any 13xx gun it has always come with a new rear 8-32 screw of the proper length.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

Quote from: quickster47 on March 01, 2013, 09:56:24 PM
Whenever I have purchased a Crosman long steel breech for any 13xx gun it has always come with a new rear 8-32 screw of the proper length.

Carl
Mine didn't. Another .15 Crosman saved to give to the CEO

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 01, 2013, 10:04:22 PM
Mine didn't. Another .15 Crosman saved to give to the CEO

Was it a brand new one in the package?  Did you buy it from Crosman?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

Quote from: quickster47 on March 01, 2013, 10:46:53 PM
Was it a brand new one in the package?  Did you buy it from Crosman?

Carl
Yes it was and yes I did.

Brent

They get enough customers with these problems calling them... that screw is going to go back in the packaging I would bet.

Crosshairs

I can't hold it back any more sorry. Read the title backwards.  ;D Something Chief Crazy horse would say.
                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 01, 2013, 11:36:28 PM
I can't hold it back any more sorry. Read the title backwards.  ;D Something Chief Crazy horse would say.
                                    Mike

;D
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Or Chief Wild Eagle, chief of all Hekawis on F-Troop... anyon 'member that one?  :D
Brian

Crosshairs

Quote from: BDS on March 01, 2013, 11:54:38 PM
Or Chief Wild Eagle, chief of all Hekawis on F-Troop... anyon 'member that one?  :D
Heck yeah that show was the bomb. I like Miss Jane.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!