• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Need help with ID on this one..

Started by DJammer, March 04, 2013, 08:28:00 PM

DJammer

Local GS find this weekend.
Paintball pistol....
Obviously based on the Crosman 38 series, but no Crosman markings at all, just the number 244 stamped on the bottom of the grip frame. Looks to be the smaller 50cal ball size and seems to be missing the loader piece.
Did the usual Google and Crosman site search and came up with nothing, found the early PB pistol based on the Crosman 150, but nothing on this one.
Any ideas or info? Anybody used to have one?
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Bill L.

I first thought it was a 3357 but I see it is not.Don't know what it is but I am sure someone here will know.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Looks like one of these with wood grips.
http://www.crosman.com/pdf/manuals/crosman/3357/C3357-EVP.pdf
Stranded in California.

BDS

.50 cal paintball, made from a 38T model. These are listed under the Crosman name in the BB of Airguns so, I'm guessing it was a Crosman mod, at least at one point in time.

The Nelson Co. was the paintball "king" in those days, maybe they did the mods too?
Brian

DJammer

Thanks for the replies so far.
Art it is obviously not a 3357, since it not based on the 357 frame but the same frame as a 38T/C.
BDS, I dont have the BB of airguns, does it list a separate model number for it or give dates of manu?
Looks like it might be a rare one.
Thanks
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Crosshairs

Maybe it's some kind of prototype gun i have 6 38 T and C guns and never seen that one before.
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

From the size of the bore and clip, I would definitely say paint ball gun of some sort. Hey, people ha e been modding guns for a long time, so it could very well be a home modified co2 revolver.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

had a 357 paintball gun 22 years ago first time seeing that one
closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

Quote from: DJammer on March 04, 2013, 10:08:36 PM
Thanks for the replies so far.
Art it is obviously not a 3357, since it not based on the 357 frame but the same frame as a 38T/C.
BDS, I dont have the BB of airguns, does it list a separate model number for it or give dates of manu?
Looks like it might be a rare one.
Thanks

DJ... checked the BB and the .50 cal paintball modified by Crosman was a 3357 or the 357 break open gun, not the 38T model in your pic.
Brian

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

i like the links mike chavka posted
the 357 paintball gun i had was a crosman and it goes for $200-$300 today i can imagine the 38t version can go for more
i liked mine and it shot really far i can say it shot across the mississippi river but its not that wide here maybe a few hundred yards.
a friend had the sheridan paintball gun.we would go down to the river and have shootouts with a couple of other friends thet had the conventional paintball guns kind of like the common ones today
he sold his sheridan to a pawnshop 20 years ago for $75 i wonder what they are going for these days
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Quote from: 1377x on March 06, 2013, 08:52:09 PM
i like the links mike chavka posted

Alright, did us others miss the post in this thread that Mike Chavka made?  Where it be?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Michael identified the pistol in a post on the Yellow, Carl.
Larry

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 07, 2013, 02:47:02 AM
Michael identified the pistol in a post on the Yellow, Carl.

Well that would explain Ed's strange post.  I need to start visiting the Yellow a little more often.  But it is just so darned hard to navigate that old style forum or really it's more like the bulletin boards of yesteryear.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †