• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

CAPOF Server Support Raffle

Started by quickster47 †, March 08, 2013, 02:22:09 AM

quickster47 †

CAPOF Server Support Raffle

Okay CAPOF members it's time for another raffle to build up our server support fund for our server bill that will be coming due again this year.

We have a fabulous prize donated by our distinguished member RC1947 that will go to the lucky winner.  Here is his own description of the prize.  Two pictures are below.

"The handle is locally gathered chokecherry from my yard.  The bolster is a piece of hand hammered 1095 high carbon steel.  There's an interesting bit of American history in the piece of white oak in that it is a cutting from a 100 plus years old wagon wheel spoke.  A piece of Ipe, pronounced eepay is a very hard South American hardwood, is surrounded by thin copper spacers.  The thick leather sheath was wet formed to the knife and hand stitched - there in no belt loop, as it's a simple pouch sheath for storage.  The blade is high carbon steel, and was made in Finland.  It has been fully sharpened.  This knife will withstand hard use as the tang runs through the handle until about 1/4" from the butt."

So what we are going to do is this, you make your donation to my PayPal address, cquick2@earthlink.net, and then post in the donations thread that you made a donation.  I will verify your donation and then your post number becomes your raffle number.  If there is not a verifiable donation then your post will be deleted.

For those that do not have a PayPal account you can mail me your donation and I will take care of posting it to my PayPal account and then letting you know that you can make a post in the donations thread.  I am asking for a $5 minimum donation although more is okay and less is alright also.  We do not want to discriminate against anyone so all donations are accepted and we are grateful for the generosity of our members.

The raffle will continue till the end of March and on the first of April my wife will draw the winning number.  The prize will then be shipped to the winner and the total donated money will be moved to the CAPOF server fund.

Any questions or comments please post them in this thread and not in the donations thread.

Carl

Please PM me for my mailing address.

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

QUACK
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 08, 2013, 02:38:47 AM
Check your paypal account, I'll take 2 tickets. $10..00 sent. QUACK,QUACK.

Okay, now go make two different posts in this thread: http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,10536.0.html  one for each of your donations.  You should get ticket (post) number 2 and ticket (post) number 3.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

breakfastchef

Seems the Raffle thread (after payment has been acknowledged) is already off course. I will stand by for further instructions, Carl. Thanks.
Larry

mudduck48

QUACK!
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

quickster47 †

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 09, 2013, 12:15:58 AM
Seems the Raffle thread (after payment has been acknowledged) is already off course. I will stand by for further instructions, Carl. Thanks.

You are correct.  Will look at it tomorrow and decide how best to correct it.

Think I am going to take all donors and enter their name in a spread sheet and the amount and generate some ticket numbers.  Maybe just use their name in a hat and let Julie draw a name.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 09, 2013, 02:42:32 AM
Carl, I would like to contribute to the raffle. I have a tin of pellets you can not find anywhere. Maybe on ebay, but they are all gone. This could be the 2nd place winner prize. If thats ok, let me know. Here is pictures of what I have. QUACK!

mudduck hold on to the pellets for our next raffle which will be a gift box of miscellaneous parts and pieces and pellets.

Of if you want you can go ahead and send them to me and I'll start the gift box.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

For anyone on the fence.......google "custom knives" and check out the $$ and a 5 buck chance for one with a story!

I'm just going to boast a little;
I own a RC Custom and let me tell you, this is a quality blade with balance and most important functionality. RC told me this blade was meant to be used. In the short time I have owned it, has become my go-to knife for just about everything. As soon as I score a sheath it will become my travel partner. Balance, Appearance, & Functionality (and sharp enough to shave with). Damn near perfect as perfect can be.

So, for the cost of a cheap tin of pellets, or 2 Starbuck coffees or a Big Mac and Fries, you can get a chance at a very cool custom knife! OK, OK salesman Rich is out, but I leave you with a pic of my RC Custom ;-)

Smile, try to have a good day and Good Luck in the raffle!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Rich that is one AWESOME looking knife and one I know you are proud to own.  :-*

Surely it will get passed down to your son or a grand son and become a family heirloom.  :)

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

quickster47 †

Here's three more pictures of the knife we will be giving to the lucky winner of the CAPOF Server Support Raffle.

It is really a thing of beauty and is gonna make someone a beautiful heirloom.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

sandpiper

You have to love the quality of the work CAPOF members do. Definitely a work of art.

quickster47 †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 23, 2013, 03:11:18 AM
You have to love the quality of the work CAPOF members do. Definitely a work of art.

That is really a good way to describe the knife
QuoteDefinitely a work of art
.  And when you hold it, you can just feel the quality.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

Crosshairs

I love hand made knives no two of a kind.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Bill L.

I hope everyone who can are buying lots of tickets.I just bought another one :-*
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.