• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

EBay

Started by Mel1721L, March 16, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

Mel1721L

If any of you sell items on EBay, please remember there are other countries in the world other than America and the UK. I'm fed up not being able to bid because the seller only sells within his own country. Its no more difficult to post to Europe than it is to post within your own country.

arkmaker †

Actually, it is more difficult. At least that has been my experience, with anything other than a letter.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

breakfastchef

I have shipped internationally, but it is a hassle for the 'little guy'. Ebay shipping calculators are often wrong leaving the seller short changed. Then you must review the list of restricted items to make sure you are not breaking any laws. I always have to visit a post office to make sure customs forms are properly filled out. I resorted to padding the shipping calculations by at least 20% to cover unforeseen expenses.
Larry

BDS

Ya, what they said and, it's not just a cost issue, it's a legal importation issue. I sent a scope to the Netherlands for a friend and it was confiscated as "gun parts". Friend never got the scope and I "threw away" what was a nice accessory that I could have sold in the states.

Sorry, but the EU and UK are on the far end of left when it comes to anything remotely considered to be related to guns. Fortunately, we still have private property rights and a second amendment in the states where 12 ft lbs muzzle velocity is where you begin to modify your airgun up to 30, 40 or 100 ft lbs if you wish to :D :-*
Brian

chongman

Most times if you ask the seller (by message) they will accommodate you.

I sell from time to time with shipping to the the USA only. If I get a message from someone asking "can you ship to Israeli" I have to think about it...most times the answer is no. If it was asked properly I'd take more time considering it. Better to ask with a few more words in there if you know what I mean.

If there's parts or items that you want perhaps a member of the forum will step up and get it for you, then send. I like hooking up my UK buddies  :-*     
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Pikie

Mel, Chongman is correct about sending a PM. That has worked for me before. About ten years ago, I also had a visit from an ATF agent about a pistol barrel I bought from Germany. He scared the heck out of me. I broke the rules, but was not charged. It is very difficult to understand the rules in the US, let alone another country! ???
Vince

1377x

depending on whats being sold i'll ship anywhere its just some stuff can only be sold within the country and most folks don't want the so-called hassle of filling out a simple custom's form
I shipped more crosman parts out of the country than within ;)
now days the hassle for me is getting to the post office its a physical thing or else its not a problem
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

I agree with the shipping cost issue let alone the legal aspect. I've paid more in shipping than I made a couple times. Being on the east coast and shipping to the west coast is costly is some instances, although I thought I had myself covered. I'm all about free trade but customs gets a little too carrried away sometimes and the little guy can't afford to take a chance.

1377x

shipping bit into my sales a couple times now I carge a flat rate for shipping on ebay so I break even by the time ebay/paypal  and usps their cut
closed mouths dont get fed

Mel1721L

Quote from: arkmaker on March 16, 2013, 04:04:34 PM
Actually, it is more difficult. At least that has been my experience, with anything other than a letter.
Rich

In what way? It may be if you've put on the declaration that its a gun part.

Mel1721L

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 16, 2013, 04:56:21 PM
I have shipped internationally, but it is a hassle for the 'little guy'. Ebay shipping calculators are often wrong leaving the seller short changed. Then you must review the list of restricted items to make sure you are not breaking any laws. I always have to visit a post office to make sure customs forms are properly filled out. I resorted to padding the shipping calculations by at least 20% to cover unforeseen expenses.

Postage from America is prohibitive on most things as its gone up to ridiculous prices, but UK sellers could have a market.

Mel1721L

Quote from: BDS on March 16, 2013, 05:06:34 PM
Ya, what they said and, it's not just a cost issue, it's a legal importation issue. I sent a scope to the Netherlands for a friend and it was confiscated as "gun parts". Friend never got the scope and I "threw away" what was a nice accessory that I could have sold in the states.

Sorry, but the EU and UK are on the far end of left when it comes to anything remotely considered to be related to guns. Fortunately, we still have private property rights and a second amendment in the states where 12 ft lbs muzzle velocity is where you begin to modify your airgun up to 30, 40 or 100 ft lbs if you wish to :D :-*

If you were to just put on the customs form, something like,metal valve or spring or something without the word gun would that work? We are allowed 18ft/lb here but I'd like to know how to modify to higher velocities.

Mel1721L

Quote from: chongman on March 16, 2013, 07:03:49 PM
Most times if you ask the seller (by message) they will accommodate you.

I sell from time to time with shipping to the the USA only. If I get a message from someone asking "can you ship to Israeli" I have to think about it...most times the answer is no. If it was asked properly I'd take more time considering it. Better to ask with a few more words in there if you know what I mean.

If there's parts or items that you want perhaps a member of the forum will step up and get it for you, then send. I like hooking up my UK buddies  :-*   

Nothing I'm after right now but I look through from time to time and think, I could do with that, but its always "May not post to Spain."

Mel1721L

Quote from: Pikie on March 16, 2013, 07:23:47 PM
Mel, Chongman is correct about sending a PM. That has worked for me before. About ten years ago, I also had a visit from an ATF agent about a pistol barrel I bought from Germany. He scared the heck out of me. I broke the rules, but was not charged. It is very difficult to understand the rules in the US, let alone another country! ???

Yes, I take your point, but the barrel would have been best described as a metal tube or something? The rules here are that you must register an airgun with the town hall. I did my first one, but it seemed obvious that not many people did and as they charge you €30 for each gun.....

Mel1721L

Thanks for all your responses. The main problem seems to be from the US, but postage from there is really high now. I used to buy lots of things from America until the postage shot up.