• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

EBay

Started by Mel1721L, March 16, 2013, 03:35:19 PM

Crosshairs

I have sent stuff to other countries, two times customs decided to take the items and it turned into a big problem with the buyer so i don't bother any more.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

I've sent a dozen items or more to the UK and other countries and never had a single problem.  So my experience is positively good.  I like doing what I can for our brothers across the sea.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BDS

Quote from: Mel1721L on March 17, 2013, 10:36:33 AM
If you were to just put on the customs form, something like,metal valve or spring or something without the word gun would that work? We are allowed 18ft/lb here but I'd like to know how to modify to higher velocities.

Should I write in that un-true statement on the line below the form sentence that reads "i declare this to be truthful"?

The scope i sent was declared as a "hobby accessory" which was truthful but a stretch. Doesn't matter, X-ray machines tell all.
Brian

1377x

Quote from: quickster47 on March 17, 2013, 01:25:20 PM
I've sent a dozen items or more to the UK and other countries and never had a single problem.  So my experience is positively good.  I like doing what I can for our brothers across the sea.

Carl

same here
i have sent a lot of things to the UK
when i was in shipping i was told to be as vague as possible on the customs forms
an item such as a breech if its a steel breech i list it as steel, if its aluminum then list it as aluminum
that's it nothing more
we shipped plastic displays at the place i worked and the only thing i put on it is plastic
i get a lot of stuff from the UK ,EU ans China its the same way
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on March 17, 2013, 01:25:20 PM

Carl

But was it a  Ebay item i think that's what he is talking about, The Ebay sellers. I have sent stuff to members too without problems.
                                   Mike

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 18, 2013, 01:19:10 PM
But was it a  Ebay item i think that's what he is talking about, The Ebay sellers. I have sent stuff to members too without problems.
                                   Mike

Using US Customs, shipping an item the same whether it is an eBay item or not.  I worked with US Customs for two years and I can tell you that US Customs could care less if it is from eBay or from an individual.  They do not discriminate.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: Mel1721L on March 16, 2013, 03:35:19 PM
If any of you sell items on EBay, please remember there are other countries in the world other than America and the UK. I'm fed up not being able to bid because the seller only sells within his own country. Its no more difficult to post to Europe than it is to post within your own country.
I just answered the question he asked as why some don't ship outside the U.S.A. i had problems doing so.I know  Ebay has nothing to do with what customs cares about. But some of my stuff that i sold on Ebay never made past them.

droid

Well I bring more gun parts than most people into the UK. Main thing to do is not ask someone in the States or anywhere else to ship you something that is illegal in the first place. As Michael says above, asking the seller in a proper manner certainly helps. If the seller is not comfortable shipping overseas then it is no biggie, that is their right. Best to make contacts in the States who will help you out from time to time when you get this problem.

It is quite legal to ship almost all air gun parts to the UK from overseas, in fact all pistols and rifles are fine too if they shoot under UK limits (note to self: read that instruction ala DAQ 2540) Shame the same parts cannot be posted within the UK via an authorized dealer ??

I always make it quite clear to any overseas seller that if the item/s go missing for whatever reason I will always take the hit, only ever had to do it once mind, everything else has arrived without issue and there has been quite a lot of items. If they don't take paypal I do a money order or send cash. Depends how bad you want the parts really.

I have now found a way to ship the complete guns over to you guys in the States (Not PCP ones though) so if I can help any of my buds let me know.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk