Crosmods

Started by blake.l, March 27, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

Trophyhunter49

My very first mod on an air gun was a 1377! I ordered a breech.shroud.and bolt handle from them. I had no troblem with shipping or customer service.. Now on the other hand I DID have to pay sales tax!! ??? Why !! I don't know, I just thought that their state required them to to pay tax on the idems they sold???? ??? ???

pump-n-dump

Agreed AS13, though the sales tax conditions don't apply for me personally and while I don't like paying the extra $,  the issue wasn't really about the sales tax. That was just icing on the cake. Waiting for a part isn't a problem either - as long as I know that there will be a wait and how long it is before I commit to buy. Charles Mellon posts on his website what his production backlog is. I assume that with any vendor some orders could be shipped quickly if the parts are on the shelf while others that are built to order will take time to build. I'm not saying Crosmods doesn't make good quality product or that they are a bad vendor. For me, sending money into what has felt like a black hole isn't what I expected or how I would have chosen to conduct business. I know this is niche market and is going to be unique in many regards, but if I could make any recommendations to those who are in any tangible goods business they would be:

1) Let people know what your stock situation is on listed parts so they can make an educated decision when purchasing
2) Provide the anticipated wait time for items that aren't in stock. i.e. "Out of stock for 2 weeks"
3) Let people know when you received their order / payment. Plus, this is a good opportunity to offer additional products that may be related or relevant that the customer may not know of resulting in more sales. You know, maybe clear out some of those bolt handles you made up 6 months ago.
4) Inform customers when there are necessary changes to their order
5) Provide at least two methods of contact: email, phone, mailing address
6) Terms of sale i.e. return process, refunds, warranty etc...

Happy customers are return customers plus they usually bring friends.  :-*

Bill L.

duignan, dale  voltageproducts@aol.com
      1674 w 22 nd st
      san pedro, California 90732
      United States
      (310) 486-7606
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

airguns100

Even if a vendor has a problem with being punctual, If you're paying buy Paypal you won't have any issues.  :-*
The OG gangster of the "bling"

AS13

:-* :-* :-*
1) Let people know what your stock situation is on listed parts so they can make an educated decision when purchasing
2) Provide the anticipated wait time for items that aren't in stock. i.e. "Out of stock for 2 weeks"
3) Let people know when you received their order / payment. Plus, this is a good opportunity to offer additional products that may be related or relevant that the customer may not know of resulting in more sales. You know, maybe clear out some of those bolt handles you made up 6 months ago.

[/quote]

Can't agree with you more on those points!
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

Paul55

Quote from: pump-n-dump on January 22, 2014, 06:58:21 PM
Agreed AS13, though the sales tax conditions don't apply for me personally and while I don't like paying the extra $,  the issue wasn't really about the sales tax. That was just icing on the cake. Waiting for a part isn't a problem either - as long as I know that there will be a wait and how long it is before I commit to buy. Charles Mellon posts on his website what his production backlog is. I assume that with any vendor some orders could be shipped quickly if the parts are on the shelf while others that are built to order will take time to build. I'm not saying Crosmods doesn't make good quality product or that they are a bad vendor. For me, sending money into what has felt like a black hole isn't what I expected or how I would have chosen to conduct business. I know this is niche market and is going to be unique in many regards, but if I could make any recommendations to those who are in any tangible goods business they would be:

You've got that spot on  :-*

Trophyhunter49

:( :(  I sent Crosmods an email on the 22nd , asking them about a breech and have NOT had a reply from then YET !!! ??? ??? I don't know if they are still making parts or not!! I guess they don't care if I buy from them or not. >:( >:(

Noah

A bit off topic, but someday I would LOVE to get a tricked-out modified Crosmods 2240.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Noah

"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

ped

me too noah i've always liked the crosmod breech and trigger unit and i'm planning putting one on one of my as2250's which i intend to do in .20 which will give me a full set of calibers (barring .177 which i don't really use as they're a bit fiddly)
hopefully when i have the time and money they'll still be running
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com