• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How much did you spend on your mod$$$... ?

Started by CO2Freak, April 01, 2013, 07:44:16 PM

BDS

Brian

JEBert

QuoteJust out of curiosity..., how much did you spend on your mods for the 2240/13xx platforms ?
QuoteStill spendingThe Crosmania must be a serieus addiction...
Yep.  And GOOD LUCK with that!
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

KevinP

Ha  ... I have over $300 just in Stace parts on this one ...

Kevin
Albany, New York

agninja

My brother-in-law was over the other day and my 2400kt was sitting out. He knows I collect airguns. He was like, "How much was this one, 4...45?" I was like "Thousand?!?" He said yea. Apparently he thought I was spending 4 grand on each airgun. I'm like, "Dude, that was about $350."

But yea, that's about the average I'm spending on each Crosman gun, between $300 to $350. And if you think about it that's really not bad at all, considering AR15 guys spend THOUSANDS. Not to mention a $300 modded out Crosman pistol is going to be pretty high quality if you do it right.
Black air pistols matter.

JMJinNC

About $450... kinda sorry that I added it up.

JMJ
John

Trophyhunter49

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much !  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

redpcx

Customizing seems to follow the old 90-10 rule.
The first 90% of the work takes about 90% of the budgeted resources, time and money.
The last 10% of the work takes another 90% of budget.

It's a lot easier to spend $50 or so at a time, than is is to spend $200 all at once.

agninja

As costly of a hobby as it is, it's actually cheaper than most adult hobbies. Because you save a lot of money by doing a lot of the work yourself, customizing your own mods, and by the simple fact that airgun shooting is inherently inexpensive.

Also, we have chosen CROSMAN of all manufacturers, who have probably THE cheapest airgun platform on the market. So instead of starting off our project with a stock base model high end airgun that costs several thousand dollars, we get some skin in the game by shelling out $59.95.
Black air pistols matter.

Old Dog

Quote from: agninja on June 10, 2014, 09:00:52 PM
As costly of a hobby as it is, it's actually cheaper than most adult hobbies. Because you save a lot of money by doing a lot of the work yourself, customizing your own mods, and by the simple fact that airgun shooting is inherently inexpensive.

Also, we have chosen CROSMAN of all manufacturers, who have probably THE cheapest airgun platform on the market. So instead of starting off our project with a stock base model high end airgun that costs several thousand dollars, we get some skin in the game by shelling out $59.95.

Well stated, so true agninja :)
This Old Dog has outlived most of my enemies!!!
Many of my friends also, sorry to say!!!

Trophyhunter49

targettgii

Well put Ag and its a solid proven starting platform.We don't have to put as much money into them as we do,but we do anyway. ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D I really don't want to add up how much I just recently spent on parts.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Monkeydad1969

Man, I have so much in my AG's my head hurts (as does my wallet).  But it is what it is.  I have a Disco valued @ 750 with all the mods and still have 4 more pieces to get.  Same with my .25 2260/Disco/13xx build, me and the boy's 13xx builds.  Future .177 pcp pistol build.  WHEW!!!!!

Joe---broke as a joke---AG hobbyist.  :-*  :-[
Joe
Aurora, CO.

targettgii

Joe you forgot the one after that, and the one after that, and the one after that no folks the record isn't skipping. :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Monkeydad1969

You are wrong Tom, just wrong.  Now I have to plan the next 3 builds and plan on which AG's I want to buy.  Been looking at the new MAC35's.

www.inovairtech.com

Joe
Joe
Aurora, CO.

Trophyhunter49

;D ;D ;D  Just wait till you 10 of them moded and your WALLET WILL HURT !  ;D ;D ;D  And if the WIFE finds you will too !!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D