• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Hello Trail NP Pistol Owners

Started by BDS, April 02, 2013, 02:57:03 PM

KBR97

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 03, 2013, 03:44:46 AM
I wonder if you drill some holes around the cocking assist thing like a muzzle brake would help it's accuracy when it's left on.
                                     mike
Funny you say that, I was thinking the same thing earlier. Figure if it doesn't work theres not much lost.

Btw...is it ok to use simple green? I don't have goo gone, but I did just pick up a new bottle of green.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Brent

Quote from: KevinP on April 03, 2013, 03:58:09 AM
I was thinking the same thing...

also ...... try shooting some cut off que tips dipped with  goo gone and then dry ones till they come out clean ...
Huh... never heard that one before.  ???
The goo gone is OK for the finish of the breech and such? They shoot out OK?

Sure would save on getting those cleaner pellets  :-*

mrb02334

Simple Green should not hert anything, is a good degreaser, I like Goo-gon better if ya got it. Cleaning pellets, remember the Q-tips.
Good report, thanks guys.
Jon

BDS

Quote from: Tater on April 03, 2013, 02:43:17 AM
Could a TKO be used instead of using the assist? It would be a multi=purpose doofer.

I don't think the TKO could survive the leverage and repeated cocking cycles, it's just made from delrin and thin gage aluminum. There is a lot of force being applied way out there at the end of the barrel.
Brian

Fronzdan

Yeah it would have to be one made of solid metal and with a good couple inches of barrel inside it attached with a few set screws.

brz-ryder †

Well i agree the problem  with the cocking assist this is going to be a pita looks like a trip to Lowes or a pieca of pbc pipe to make one that goes on and off easier than the one that came with the trail
made one for my Hatsan because the one with that gun was way to short for the 58 Lbs needed to cock it
other than that it shoots very good as you seen from other posts lot liter than my other 2 break barrel pistol

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

KBR97

I just don't get how this got passed Crosman. I emailed them yesterday to let them know of the issue with the assist. I got a response back today telling me that the pistol is a new product and they haven't received any comments or complaints about the cocking assist yet. Also told me that it was just a hollow tube that should not affect accuracy. But the CS Rep will pass the email on to the product manager.

???- whatever....it performs pretty darn good without it.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

brz-ryder †

I did a review on the crosman site about the  trial and told about the assist only gave it 4 stars

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

KBR97

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Fronzdan

Is it hard to remove after each cock?

(Man that sentence looks bad)

KBR97

It could be easier. You have to give it a good pop. What I figured out to do is stick the end of the barrel in and then twist it just a little without seating it all the way. It will sit crooked but will give you plenty of leverage to break the barrel and it comes right off after. Keep it in back pocket till next shot.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

seagullplayer

I got to shoot mine some more tonight.  I am pretty happy with the open sights now.  I
The target I was using was marked in the center of a 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper.

So after a dozen shoots in the target area without the cocking assist in place I shot one with in one.
The shot hit right at the very bottom of the sheet.  I figure it dropped about 4" shooting at 15-20 feet.
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

BDS

To All: If you are experiencing this change in where the pellet hits on target when leaving the cocking assist ON, please take a min. and send an email to Chip at Crosman on this issue...his email is:  social@crosman.com  or, you can use the Cros Facebook page if you are so inclined but, it's a lil too public for my liking on feedback like this, doesn't give Chip much room to be objective IMO.

Send Chip a pdf or jpeg of your with and without assist targets if you can.

Brian

KBR97

I sold mine.  :-[ 
Sold it to another forum member. I just wasn't "in love " with it. I think the money would be much better spent on upgrades for my 1337 which I can't stop shooting, or maybe putting it towards a custom 2300. Although I don't want to keep buying Co2's.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

seagullplayer

Quote from: KBR97 on April 08, 2013, 03:56:39 AM
I sold mine.  :-[ 
Sold it to another forum member. I just wasn't "in love " with it. I think the money would be much better spent on upgrades for my 1337 which I can't stop shooting, or maybe putting it towards a custom 2300. Although I don't want to keep buying Co2's.

I understand.  :-[

I will keep mine, but it is not the gun for me.  I really want to like this gun.  I hope my grand kids do.  8)
If I had it to do over again, I would have spent my money on a fancy leather holster for my 1322.   :-*
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...