New Member Challenge

Started by BDS, April 03, 2013, 09:01:05 PM

geo111

My airguns and my newly made silent pellet trap.

rewinder

Todd, that's a great set up!

Sure beats my Diet Cola can hanging from a tree down back!

Here's a pic of the 4th of July last year. Wasn't as much bedlam as it looks

breakfastchef

Quote from: geo111 on April 04, 2013, 01:31:00 AM
My airguns and my newly made silent pellet trap.

Nice pistols, geo. You sure do not fool around. I am guessing you are an accuracy nut!
Larry

HappyHunter

Thanks for the compliments, guys!  :-*

It really is nothing special or fancy (a tight budget will have that effect on a fella!  ;D) but it serves the purpose just fine for me. As much as I use and love ChairgunPro, I like to see "real-world" results, thus the 5 targets spaced 10 yards apart. I use them to map the trajectory of any given pellet at xxxx velocity.

@ Rewinder: Doesn't matter what you shoot at, as long as yer shootin'!  :-*  Great idea with the file cabinet, I like it! And yes, I do own an AR2078A that I use for FT comps (and love it), but as much as I'm curious to know what happened to that stock we really should talk about them in the "General Airgunning" section... ;)

@ geo111: Sweet pistola's! Would love to have either one (actually both!)  :-* :-*

Cheers,
Todd

Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

sandpiper

Quote from: rewinder on April 04, 2013, 01:16:25 AM

PS anyone have a QB78? of is that a dirty word here ???

Not 100% sure but I think the QB78 is almost the same as the crosman 160 or 180. Maybe someone else will chime in.

droid

Quote from: geo111 on April 04, 2013, 01:31:00 AM

That looks like a drug smugglers container like on TV, that's an expensive backstop then  ;D
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

seagullplayer

I am loving the spoon target!  Yard sales here I come!  :-*

Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

geo111

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 04, 2013, 03:21:24 AM
Nice pistols, geo. You sure do not fool around. I am guessing you are an accuracy nut!

I used to shoot .22 Bullseye with my Ruger MkII. It's the competition model and I did all of the gun smithing myself. My work schedule keeps me from shooting it as much as I'd like.

With these air pistols, I can keep in practice. Although the marauder may not be well suited for one handed shooting.

BDS

Great pics... keep e'm coming  :-*
Brian

ped

i've as many if not more xs78/79's as i have 22xx's love them both
sandpipers right i believe the 78/79's are copies of a crosman
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Long story but... short version is... Tim McMurray (Mac1 Airguns) and others actually collaborated with the Chinese on making a Crosman 160/180 clone, years later we have the QB and XS groups of guns now well proven. Tim offered some insight from he and his Dad's 60+ years of airgunsmithing and the end result IMO, is actually a better made rifle than the Model 160 it copied.  :-* I have the AR2078 match barrel gun in a sporter stock with Leapers 3-12x AO scope and a doofer-stick and it is a tack driver out to 30 / 40 yards. Best sub $200 gun in the gun locker.
Brian

RC1947

Quote from: rewinder on April 04, 2013, 01:16:25 AM
My grandkids have all these to choose from and allthey want to use is my 2240!

This is a real active forum, friendly and helpfull I enjoy it

PS anyone have a QB78? of is that a dirty word here ???
I've got a QB78D and an AR2078B - excellent shooters. RC

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 03, 2013, 09:28:00 PM
You know what they say " Of all the things i have lost, i miss my mind the most"
I know that feeling too!!! ;D ;D ;D

rewinder

afraid to ask-- meaning of doofer stick?