• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

PELLET PINS

Started by mudduck48, April 06, 2013, 04:27:49 AM

mudduck48

Which pellet pin yould you recomend? I'm tired of trying to put the small .177 pelets in my brake barrel. I have looked at the different ones and they all say the same thing, we are the best. Which one yould you buy?
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

breakfastchef

Thumbs up for the thumb. It is the best way to seat a pellet into the barrel.

Tried a pellet pen once and did not like it. It did not feel natural. The pen takes all the tactile feedback away so you can't also discern a loose or tight fitting pellet or the depth at which the pellet is seated.
Larry

quickster47 †

Pens just don't feel right as Larry stated.  There is no tactile feedback and to me knowing when it is seated is important.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mudduck48

Well, I take the pellet and stick in the chamber, then I take a wood dowel, that I have, and push the pellet down below the ring on the barrel, just to make sure it is seated. I just wanted something to make it easy.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

dptrucker32chip

Bic works good for me . I put a vacuum hose caps on the  backside , I have a 1377 , fury , storm xt , 880 !  :-*
Dave

Brent

Quote from: dptrucker32chip on April 06, 2013, 04:58:15 AM
Bic works good for me . I put a vacuum hose caps on the  backside , I have a 1377 , fury , storm xt , 880 !  :-*
I am not following this exactly, but it sounds cool. How does it work?
A Bic pen?, with what kind of hose?

dptrucker32chip

Ok, take a Bic pen pull the ink tube out , ok now the back cut or push out tab . Auto vacuum hose cap
can get at O'Reilly auto parts probably any parts store  . Use cap on end of pen .
Dave

breakfastchef

Quote from: mudduck48 on April 06, 2013, 04:53:18 AM
Well, I take the pellet and stick in the chamber, then I take a wood dowel, that I have, and push the pellet down below the ring on the barrel, just to make sure it is seated. I just wanted something to make it easy.

Pens will put a pellet into the barrel, but are not intended to seat the pellet. I am not aware of a device that does both.
Larry

Brent

Quote from: dptrucker32chip on April 06, 2013, 05:29:53 AM
Ok, take a Bic pen pull the ink tube out , ok now the back cut or push out tab . Auto vacuum hose cap
can get at O'Reilly auto parts probably any parts store  . Use cap on end of pen .
Cool! Thanks for explaining that more  :-*

Here is a pellet pen, with a pellet seater also:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy2pOTaqr_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy2pOTaqr_U&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

Pikie

All, Thanks for the string. As usual - good stuff :-* Does anyone have anything to load a 1377? I put a Millet red dot on mine and had to go across the action. I have been using hobby tweezers to load it.
Vince

JEBert

I have had a BugBuster on my 1377 straddling the pellet port like yours and I set a pellet on the edge of the flat part of the breech and then tilt the gun to the left and let it roll right in.  Having the muzzle pointed slightly down keeps the pellet from scooting backwards as it rolls and hitting the bolt instead of falling in front of it.  Here are two pictures showing how.  I usually use my right hand to set the pellet in place where you see my left ring finger holding it there so I could hold the camera and take the picture with my right hand.  I also have the scope off to take the picture.
Good luck with it,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Pikie

Jerry, Thanks! I'm going downstairs as soon as I hit post, to try this. We'll see how many pellets I have to sweep up ;D
Vince

JEBert

Pikie,
That Millet should mount in front of the pellet port.  Try putting both rings together behind the adjustment knobs and mounit ahead of the pellet port.  My BugBuster won't mount that way because of the very limited eye-relief, and there is not enough room either in front or to the rear of the adjustments to put more than one ring.  The eyepiece would hang off the back anyway.  Also, I have seen scopes and red dots on this forum mounted with one ring but I want both on there even if they are right next to each other.  You shouldn't have a problem mounting a red dot that way because with only 1X the eye relief is unlimited (I want one of those Millets and someday, maybe an Ultradot Matchdot).  Maybe I can find a picture for you.  Here is one of Ed's that he has (or had) mounted that way.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Pikie

Jerry, I took this off an Encore barrel I don't use much. The problem is, on this model - SP1, there is 1 and 1/2 inches from the eye piece to the adjustment base. The rings I have, Weaver are 13/16". 26/16" wont work on 24/16". Also, years ago I had a problem with a Leupold scope. I sent it back and of course they fixed it free, but the guy told me you should always have at least 1/8" from the lenses or the adjustment bases to prevent cracking any seals. Maybe I can get thinner "tip off" rings? I think it looks good, it's just difficult for me to load. I took pictures, but they are too many KB. I will try to reduce them and post later. Thank you for replying.
Vince

Pikie

This goes to reply #13. I had to reduce photo size.
Vince