• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

NP Trail pistol review on PA

Started by RC1947, April 15, 2013, 07:23:43 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: JEBert on April 16, 2013, 03:28:01 AM
Brian and Carl,
I certainly agree.  But if he decides to keep it, I was just offering a solution.  It's a lot less hassle than sending it back to the factory to try to get them to maybe fix it.
Cheers,

That is if Crosman would even agree that it needs fixing.  They probably think it is perfect according to their quality control.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

RC1947

At times, with breakbarrels, what might seem to be a droop problem, can be an issue with the breech seal not providing a tight vertical lockup.  One way to check for this is to lay a piece of tissue on top of the opening where breech meets main tube, after cocking and loading it, and fire the shot.  Watch to see if the tissue blows away.  If that is the case, the breech seal can be shimmed.  Coiled teflon tape or dental floss will work as a shim beneath the seal.  Probably not the problem, but worth checking out.
Another possible fault could be the barrel pivot bolt being slightly loose.  To check, cock the gun and move the barrel to any position without closing it.  The barrel should not move from where you've positioned it regardless of how you move the gun around.  The solution to that is obvious.
RC