• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

DestroyerEX pellets discontinued?

Started by millipede, April 20, 2013, 09:46:21 AM

millipede

i read somewhere else they may be, and my local walmart has stopped supplying them as well as another that i frequent so it kind of adds up..  any confirmation on this?  i have a bit of a stockpile of them (about 4000) but i dont want to have to feel like i should be stingy with them..  i recently compared the two (destroyers and destroyerEX) in my 397 and got better groups with the ex's

UPDATE 10-25-13 to anybody new reading this: no they are not discontinued, but they changed the shape slightly

quickster47 †

Haven't heard any news about discontinuing this line but will check around in my local area.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

WOW!
is Crosman getting greedier?
more people buy the ex and the sale of destroyers dropped ???
it would be a shame if this is true because the ex is a good pellet
closed mouths dont get fed

Brent

Found some in my Walmart... 9 tins. Am checking out with 2 in my hand right now.

millipede

i'll keep checking my walmart. it relatively new so maybe they still havent figured out what inventory they should be getting yet.  but they keep restocking the m4177 and fury rifles so i dunno...  and it seems like they have switched out the ex's for the gamo red fires.  PFF!

9 dollars for 150 "gamo" pellets..  i don't think so

Brent

Ours only carries Crosman and Daisy pellets... .22 only in hollow point, and no wad cutters at all (unless you get the Daisy assorted 300 pack). I have read of guys getting 1377s and such from their Walmart, but nothing like that here.

Colt25

Crosman is starting to make me mad. They introduce MORE "airguns" that are just old guns in new PLASTIC stocks all for looks and to have a famous hunters signature on them, then discontinue pellets to pay for new stocks for old guns. Meanwhile, GAMO has introduces new trigger technology, better and adjustable recoil pads, and smoother cocking. At a lower price.
Sorry for the rant, but I DON'T get it.

millipede

yeah, i get what youre saying. I don't AT ALL like any of the military style guns theyre making now..  it's just a gimmick it seems like. hopefully its a fad that soon passes. I will probably get their new pumper but only to take it apart and see the "new" valve technology. If someone already knows and could send me a link to a parts schematic of a different brand that already has it, that'd be nice.  I have a feeling the webley rebel probably uses  it, but so far i haven't heard much good about that gun.. plus its all plastic WTF?

brz-ryder †

Just checked the PA site and they don`t have them either  ???

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

BigErn

This would be a bummer, my M417 loves em.

millipede

Quote from: brz-ryder on April 20, 2013, 11:19:12 PM
Just checked the PA site and they don`t have them either  ???

Jim

The EXs are exclusive to walmart

brz-ryder †

my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Brent

I checked earlier today, and Crosman has them listed on their site still.

seagullplayer

I just read this, I will check my local stores.  I was in two of them last night and today, looked at the guns, but didn't look at ammo.  Next time I find them I will get a few tins.  My Titan likes them.
I have one close by WM that carries 1377, and two that do not.  I was in Bass Pro Thursday, they had the 1377 with "wood" stock color.  But wanted $70 some bucks for it...
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...