• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My 1377 build

Started by KBR97, April 21, 2013, 05:49:04 AM

KBR97

Back in the beginning of March I bought my first 1377, and have been scouring the web for different mods and aftermarket parts. Since then it has changed a bit and figured I would share a few photos of the progress. I'll update this thread as I buy other parts and do different mods.

Heres a list of parts that I have installed on my 1377....

Crosman steel breech.
LPA MIM rear site.
Chavka barrel band with sight.
Cothran stainless bolt and handle.
Cothran stainless safety.

TKO 1911 trigger is in the mail.
RB Sportsman grips are ordered.

So far I am pretty happy with the way this pistol performs.

This is when I first got it. No mods. I think the only thing actually done at this time was compress the sear spring and install a 22lr casing as a guide.

I gave it a spray job with some flat khaki I had sitting around. I really like the contrast of color, but the paint has been wearing off alot.

Here is a pic after installing the Crosman steel breech and the LPA rear sight.

After installing those parts my 1377 was still shooting kinda high. I emailed Michael Chavka and asked about his sighted front barrel bands and if they were any taller than stock. He assured me that they were a little higher and that he had no problems with a LPA sight and his barrel band. I ordered one a week or so later.

I recently splurged a little and ordered some more parts which include the RB Grips, Cothran's parts, and the TKO 911 trigger.
Here's a few of the most recent pictures with the Cothran bolt, bolt handle, and safety installed.

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Brent

Cool!!  :) :-*

It will be neat to see it coming together!

When I was in Walmart looking for bedliner, they had this imitation stone paint in a can (but no bedliner... go figure). There was a color there that is pretty close to your khaki.  It seemed pretty durable, and was thinking on the right gun it might look pretty cool.

targettgii

That looks very nice KBR can't wait to see what else you do to it.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

breakfastchef

I like photos showing the evolution of a gun. I think that would be an interesting thread to start.

The pistol is coming together nicely with very good parts. You will be glad when the RB Grips arrive!
Larry

Tater

Nice job so far and the pics of the progress are great. Don't forget a solid roll pin!
Looking forward to see your progress.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

quickster47 †

Mighty nice build.  Actually the wear on the paint sort of gives the gun an antique look.  Looks good.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

BigErn

Love it  :-* :-*. If you want to protect the paint it will need a matte clear coat but it does look cool with the fading though. Did you sand the grips and forearm first?

WyoMan

Looking good.... will like to see more pics when you build more to it too  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

KBR97

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'am very happy with it so far.

Quote from: Brent on April 21, 2013, 06:25:14 AM
Cool!!  :) :-*

It will be neat to see it coming together!

When I was in Walmart looking for bedliner, they had this imitation stone paint in a can (but no bedliner... go figure). There was a color there that is pretty close to your khaki.  It seemed pretty durable, and was thinking on the right gun it might look pretty cool.
That stone color might look pretty good too. I was surpised that the khaki actually looks pretty good. Better than the brown anyway.

Quote from: Tater on April 21, 2013, 09:51:23 AM
Nice job so far and the pics of the progress are great. Don't forget a solid roll pin!
Looking forward to see your progress.
If you mean the pin that attaches the barrel band and pump arm to the tube then yes I have a solid one on there already. I think thats what your talking about...right?

Quote from: quickster47 on April 21, 2013, 12:30:18 PM
Mighty nice build.  Actually the wear on the paint sort of gives the gun an antique look.  Looks good.  :-*

Carl
You know when it first started to fade I got a little annoyed. But as it kept fading I started to kinda like it lol.

Quote from: BigErn on April 21, 2013, 01:04:06 PM
Love it  :-* :-*. If you want to protect the paint it will need a matte clear coat but it does look cool with the fading though. Did you sand the grips and forearm first?
I didn't sand them, I know I should have though. I knew I was buying the RB grips so I kinda painted them not too worried about how the finish was. I was being lazy about it.

The TKO trigger should be here by this coming week so that will be the next upgrade. The RB grips will probably be another 2 weeks or so.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

KBR97

BTW.. whats a good source for the flat piston and valve? I have heard mellon has some good stuff but whats an alternative to him? He seems to have a pretty large work load.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

chongman

Looking very nice!

You will like the TKO 1911 trigger, short pull and very crisp.  What kind of wood are you getting from RB Grips?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: KBR97 on April 21, 2013, 05:44:16 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. I'am very happy with it so far.
That stone color might look pretty good too. I was surpised that the khaki actually looks pretty good. Better than the brown anyway.

If you mean the pin that attaches the barrel band and pump arm to the tube then yes I have a solid one on there already. I think thats what your talking about...right?

Yep, my bad. It looked stock in the first few pics, but I see the solid one in the last pics.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

WyoMan

Quote from: KBR97 on April 21, 2013, 05:48:42 PM
BTW.. whats a good source for the flat piston and valve? I have heard mellon has some good stuff but whats an alternative to him? He seems to have a pretty large work load.
I have FT setups from all three and also mellon too:
http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/
http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/cros1322-77.htm
http://crosmods.com/
I think the airgunsmith piston is the best, followed by crosmods but you have to pay more...
I usually completely gut the valves and rebuild them so they don't matter too much for me.....hth  :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

KBR97

Quote from: chongman on April 21, 2013, 07:59:01 PM
Looking very nice!

You will like the TKO 1911 trigger, short pull and very crisp.  What kind of wood are you getting from RB Grips?
I'm getting the green and black colored grips. Not sure which type of wood he uses for those. I was going to go with the classic walnut wood but I want to build a little funk into my pistol.

Quote from: WyoMan on April 21, 2013, 08:23:18 PM
I have FT setups from all three and also mellon too:
http://www.gmaccustomparts.com/
http://www.airgunsmith.com/cros1377/cros1322-77.htm
http://crosmods.com/
I think the airgunsmith piston is the best, followed by crosmods but you have to pay more...
I usually completely gut the valves and rebuild them so they don't matter too much for me.....hth  :)
Thanks Wyoman, I'll look into those later when I get a few minutes.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m