• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Disco hammer springs

Started by BigErn, April 22, 2013, 11:16:56 PM

BigErn

Is putting a Disco hammer spring on 13XX/22XX guns a good idea? Any advantages or disadvantages with doing this. Sorry if this is another dumb question  :-[ ???

ped

definately a bad idea unless your on hpa/pcp
all it gives at co2 pressure is a heavy trigger(unless you have a prod one) its harder to cock and i found that i got less power
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

Thanks ped, I will remove them then  :-[ :-[

ped

if you have them fitted it would be intresting for you to try them to see if you agree with what i found ern
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

I wish I could ped, no chrony. That's it, no more buying guns, I need a chrony!!! 

quickster47 †

Have to agree with ped, no significant gain, maybe 20 - 40 fps, and definitely more cocking stress.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

HappyHunter

Quote from: quickster47 on April 23, 2013, 12:31:13 AM
Have to agree with ped, no significant gain, maybe 20 - 40 fps, and definitely more cocking stress.

Carl

X2...not to mention your shot count will suffer greatly for the  few extra fps you may gain - at least with Co2 anyways.

Quote from: BigErn on April 23, 2013, 12:22:07 AM
I wish I could ped, no chrony. That's it, no more buying guns, I need a chrony!!! 

Trust me Ern, once you get one you will wonder how you ever got by without it!  :-*
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

1377x

in a 13xx gun it has a good advantage you will be able to dump all air after 14 pumps with a flat top set up
you can always buy a power adjuster that will do the same thing as the $2 spring. well almost the same thing you can adjust the power of a power adjust. if you plan on shooting no less than 14 pumps go with the disco spring
i read about damage to the valve stem but i have yet to see it. im about to put a flat top set up in my 1377 and a disco spring.
this is my experience and as we all know experience varies from p2p and gun to gun(g2g) ;)
gotta has a disclaimer here :P
closed mouths dont get fed

WyoMan

^^^ YMMV  ;D
But I have to agree because the physics supports it...even if the spring / hammer will dump all the air in a 13xx valve,
a faster hammer (more energy and momentum) will open the valve faster and further and more pressure will build faster behind the pellet
I usually try to eliminate all the things that can rob hammer energy first, and use a spring guide and a little preload...
don't really like the heavy cocking or trigger but more hammer energy will generally mean more fps  :-*
also, a harder seal on the exhaust valve with less seal contact area will do alot of the same things but it means the seat has to be machined real tight
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

i must admit i did use the .041 hammer spring in my 1377 but it didnt do any more than a disco spring with a pa or w/o. cocking isnt bad and imo the trigger pull is about the same as a disco spring, yeah there is a slight difference but its not going to break your cocking pin or make a 10# trigger
dont have to worry about shot count on a pumper but on co2/hpa guns it lowers the shot count dramatically
i sold a guy on gta one of my springs(.041) he was really impressed by the improved velocity in his disco. then he said when he when to shoot targets the pellets were all over the place whereas with the stock spring it was stacking pellets
i think his scope rings might have been loose. i used a red dot and cheap scope and was still one holing the target at 10m rested
then again i fill my disco and dc2260 to 3000psi vs the norm 2000psi maybe thats makes a difference ???
closed mouths dont get fed