• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Muzzle Flip

Started by Bazmati2020, May 01, 2013, 03:36:31 PM

Bazmati2020

Hi

I have a brass muzzle flip which came with my 2300T and although I must confess I haven't actually fitted or used it (makes pistol too long to fit in my biggest case).  I am wondering if there is value to fitting beyond cosmetic.

I am thinking I'd be better with a threaded adaptor on there which will be no longer and be more useful to me.

So my question please is, does the flip actually help and do you have them for more than asthetics.

Many thanks
Baz

Crosshairs

The crosman muzzles breaks are just for looks i don't think they do a thing.
                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

While they might give you a feeling they are actually doing something useful, in all honesty they are just eye candy.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Gippeto

How about a pic? Is it a weight, brake, or compensator? Not the same thing.

Muzzle compensators do work on a 2240. Muzzle/barrel weights can be used to tune barrel harmonics...everything you mount on a barrel has AN effect...it's matching the effect with the desired outcome that drives a fellow up the wall. ;)

Al

Bazmati2020

Thank you for the replies. :-*

This is it on the pistol.  They are sold as a flip with sight pin, holes all the way around.

http://instagram.com/p/Xtqp8yEQnq/

WyoMan

Hi Baz, I agree with what you're thinking....I use threaded adapters and like the versatility
The part shown as the "flip" end isn't really a flip or compensator......more of a stripper and sort of a brake :)
I have them and they work as a weight too....as far as desired outcome  ??? yes, because it looks good  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

ped

as all ready mentioned a bit of bling and possibly improve the balance you'd be far better with a brass adapter and a porkyyorky ldc in black(i do like brass and black)
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

crossliner

Quote from: Gippeto on May 01, 2013, 04:26:32 PM
How about a pic? Is it a weight, brake, or compensator? Not the same thing.

Muzzle compensators do work on a 2240. Muzzle/barrel weights can be used to tune barrel harmonics...everything you mount on a barrel has AN effect...it's matching the effect with the desired outcome that drives a fellow up the wall. ;)

Al

Sexy thing  :-*

JEBert

I find that with a little extra weight on the end of the barrels of my longer pistols ie: 1377's and 2300KT's, I don't wave them around as badly while I'm trying to aim.
It's probably just me so as always, your mileage may vary.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)