BONE STOCK!

Started by mudduck48, May 04, 2013, 11:01:25 PM

BDS

"New Yahoo's always want to boost sales, reduce operating costs and line their already fat wallets fast .."

get it.. Yahoo and Chinese characters, quality, Chinese mfg..  ???

Must I explain everything to you students?!  :D  ;D
Brian

azmark

Arkmaker, don't even get me started  >:(

Baltim0re28

Just busted my new 2240 that arrived today from AG depot out of the package and wouldn't you know.... The front sight is canted to the left. Also made 3/13. Wonder how many made that month have the same exact problem? Seems like someone bumped the controls on the machine that puts the front sight on..
James.

BDS

Brian

Baltim0re28

Quote from: BDS on May 08, 2013, 10:35:15 PM
"busted" huh?  ???

I apologize... I worded that sentence horribly. I "busted" it out of that blister pack jail that it has been locked in since 3/13..
James.

mudduck48

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 08, 2013, 10:18:32 PM
Just busted my new 2240 that arrived today from AG depot out of the package and wouldn't you know.... The front sight is canted to the left. Also made 3/13. Wonder how many made that month have the same exact problem? Seems like someone bumped the controls on the machine that puts the front sight on..
OK, not go back to page 2 of this thread and scrool down till you see the target and read how I fixed mine. Just loosen the screws and the set screw, do not remove them. When you get it where you want it tighten the barrel band set screw first then the breech screw then the sight screw. That is what I did and it worked. Even passed the tissue test. good luck.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Baltim0re28

I saw that when I originally read through this thread. Thanks Mudduck, will probably do that later on.
James.

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 08, 2013, 11:27:23 PM
I saw that when I originally read through this thread. Thanks Mudduck, will probably do that later on.
Did they mill the flat part of the barrel the sight locks into off center?

BDS

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 08, 2013, 10:50:00 PM
OK, not go back to page 2 of this thread and scrool down till you see the target and read how I fixed mine. Just loosen the screws and the set screw, do not remove them. When you get it where you want it tighten the barrel band set screw first then the breech screw then the sight screw. That is what I did and it worked. Even passed the tissue test. good luck.

I like this Duck, loosen, straighten, tighten from one end to the other until things are aligned.

I wonder if the gross mis-alignment in those pictures was actually mounting holes way out of position (bad layout and machining) versus the center line tolerances being out of whack, which your fix addresses?
Brian

quickster47 †

Have to believe that it was just a bad month on the production line.  You know how March can be.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brent

Quote from: quickster47 on May 09, 2013, 01:12:35 AM
Have to believe that it was just a bad month on the production line.  You know how March can be.

Carl
I sure hope so! It is getting pretty discouraging!! :(

Hard to believe they could not just see those off centered front sights easy enough! Makes one wonder if there is actually even a person looking or not... at the end of the build for QC  ???

When it doesn't even look right, and a defect is in plain sight, that really is negligent on their part. No excuse really, if it is staring in your face that obvious. Tubes drilled wrong, barrels installed wrong... that's not little stuff.

That's 3 now here, all within a week. Personally has made me decide to hold up on a new 2240 for a month or so, in hopes that they flush this out. When Rich got his, and it looked, worked, and even shot really well from the get go - that actually got me more serious to just pull the trigger on one (so to speak lol)

I actually feel bad for those people that got a bad build, and don't know how to fix it, or even that they have a bad one at all. Sure hope they return them, so Crosman has to deal with the hassle and extra expense. That should raise a red flag, and hopefully have someone in management answering for it. With the bad taste left behind of this, it is not going to take long for their reputation to be affected, and sales hurt for it. Retailers are also not going to like the hassles and extra expenses of it all either.

edit - they need to get their rear sight problem worked out too. That has gone on long enough! Tired of hearing (and me actually having to), of people needing to lengthen the slot in the sight blade for it to sight correctly. If it is not able to be shot/ made accurate out of the box... how many general customers are getting disgusted with Crosman there.

mudduck48

Quote from: quickster47 on May 09, 2013, 01:12:35 AM

Carl
Crazy as a march hair! :D

Trophyhunter49

;) Duck , has everything you touched here lately turned into POOP ???  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D this and the other pistol too. What a run of poopy luck!  ;)

mudduck48

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on May 09, 2013, 02:56:31 AM
;) Duck , has everything you touched here lately turned into POOP ???  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D this and the other pistol too. What a run of poopy luck!  ;)
Well, I guess so. I'm learning that if you want Quality you have to buy the old Crosman guns. I just shot my 1980 1377 tonight on the bench and put 5 pellet in a 1/4" circle. It is like us, older is better! :D

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 09, 2013, 03:01:09 AM
It is like us, older is better! :D

Amen Brother Ducky. Amen!!!  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †