• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

QUALITY CONTROL ?

Started by mudduck48, May 09, 2013, 05:33:18 AM

arkmaker †

And not to put this off on employee's, but the corporate world has very much used the current world financial troubles to their advantage. Where I work, people have turned I to yes-men and run around at 100 mph doing the work of 2 & 3 people. They are afraid to lose their jobs if they stir the pot  ??? That is what I was seeing for the past few years and it has only steadily gotten worse. Like I said in the bone stock thread, CEO yahoo's making a quick buck at the expense of a companies reputation.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Flex

Quote from: agninja on May 09, 2013, 04:02:16 PM
To be fair, you shouldn't keep co2 carts in for extended periods of time.  If you want to shoot your pistol only a few times a day, just use a pumper or springer pistol. Then you don't have to worry about time constraints on your powerplant due to leakage.
This is pretty much the situation that is keeping me from getting a 2240. It's pretty rare for me to set things up and shoot 30 or 40 pellets at one session. I have a Daisy CO2 pellet pistol that's notorious for not holding it's charge for very long at all. Needless to say, it doesn't come out to play very often. RE: quality control issues, I have 4 Crosman air guns purchased between NOV '12 & FEB '13 and I've yet to have any QC issues with them. I even have one of the Amazon $40 1377s that some folks said were 2nds that Crosman sold cheap just to get rid of them. Mine is a tack driver! Of course this doesn't mean that Crosman isn't experiencing some issues. American manufacturing companies have a difficult time competing with Asian manufacturing companies. I know that Crosman does sell products made overseas but I believe that most of the air guns that we discuss on this forum are made here in the U.S.A.! Bravo Crosman for that at least. As the "baby boomers" reach retirement age and leave the workforce, the replacements may not have the work ethic of the recently retired. Who knows? Hopefully, we're nearing the end of the steep section of the learning curve for the "new folks" on the production line and Crosman will be back to high quality control standards very soon. Keep your fingers crossed. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

agninja

Yes, I hope our children grow up to be efficient assembly line workers at Crosman too!

Btw, I wonder if it's like when you work at McDonalds and you end up hating big macs. Do you think Crosman employees hate airguns? ???
Black air pistols matter.

arkmaker †

Quote from: Flex on May 15, 2013, 09:20:56 PM
This is pretty much the situation that is keeping me from getting a 2240. It's pretty rare for me to set things up and shoot 30 or 40 pellets at one session. I have a Daisy CO2 pellet pistol that's notorious for not holding it's charge for very long at all. Needless to say, it doesn't come out to play very often. RE: quality control issues, I have 4 Crosman air guns purchased between NOV '12 & FEB '13 and I've yet to have any QC issues with them. I even have one of the Amazon $40 1377s that some folks said were 2nds that Crosman sold cheap just to get rid of them. Mine is a tack driver! Of course this doesn't mean that Crosman isn't experiencing some issues. American manufacturing companies have a difficult time competing with Asian manufacturing companies. I know that Crosman does sell products made overseas but I believe that most of the air guns that we discuss on this forum are made here in the U.S.A.! Bravo Crosman for that at least. As the "baby boomers" reach retirement age and leave the workforce, the replacements may not have the work ethic of the recently retired. Who knows? Hopefully, we're nearing the end of the steep section of the learning curve for the "new folks" on the production line and Crosman will be back to high quality control standards very soon. Keep your fingers crossed. Flex

I believe the new stance of not leaving co2 in a gun is more of a legal deal dreamt up by the Crosman lawyers. The only thing it will hurt on your gun from a mechanical view it the front seal on the valve. Easily replaced if ever needed. Here is a scan from my 1955 Model 114 rifle manual, You be the judge, but I would not worry about it unless there are kids in the house (and then you should lock them up anyway). Granted this is for a bulk fill gun, but I still maintain that the front seal is the only thing that will suffer.
Note #4 on the pic.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Brent

Thanks for scanning and posting that Rich! :-*

Didn't know about the cocking the gun part in #4 ??? Kinda figured the storing with pressure was kinda like storing with a pump in a pneumatic gun, but that answers it. ;)

Tater

Quote from: Flex on May 15, 2013, 09:20:56 PM

good post Flex. And that's a cool scan Rich. Thanks for posting it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs