• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My Twin Sister

Started by quickster47 †, May 13, 2013, 04:02:00 PM

quickster47 †

While visiting my mother this past week and spending Mother's Day with her I finally introduced my twin sister to shooting airguns.  I had taken a couple of 2240s because they travel well and are easy to use.  And of course since my mother loves one block off main street in the downtown area, what there is of it, I had to make sure they were both neighbor friendly.

Well, to say the least she absolutely loved shooting them and wanted to know about getting one of her own for some backyard plinking in Georgia and maybe dispatching a few tree rats that have overrun her back yard.

So being the big brother that I am, a full two minutes older than her, I gave her one of mine for her upcoming birthday this Sunday.  She was tickled pink and couldn't wait to show her husband her new prized possession.  The only problem is, now I need to get another 2240 to keep as a spare.  Oh well, I guess I can definitely handle that chore.

The only one who was not pleased was my mother.  But I figure in a couple of weeks she won't remember anything about it.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

bgmcgee

Cool deal Carl and an early happy birthday to you too.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Baltim0re28

What a nice older brother you are, potentially creating another Crosman airgun addict. She probably went home and ordered two more. And this was probably all a ploy just to have to build a new 2240 for yourself. ;D. All jokes aside, your a good big bro. Wonder what her husband said when she walked in with it, probably "I need one." Also, happy early birthday to you guys..
James.

agninja

Hey, at least now you have an excuse to get another one and start your next build.
Black air pistols matter.

arkmaker †

:-* :-*

Happy Birthday! (to both of you)
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

PC77

Happy B-Day cool story. Family time is the best. :-*
pc

breakfastchef

Larry

mackelby

KevinP

2 cool ... happy birthday to you both ... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Cross Pistol Packer

Hey Carl,your Mum might want one for Xmas now :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXJYQZ3FX0#]www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYXJYQZ3FX0[/url]‎
Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

WyoMan

^^^^^ That pretty good  :)
Happy Bday 6 days early Carl, hope you get lots of Crosman stuff...
I'm not surprised your sister had fun shooting (my daughter does), hard not to like something that is accurate, quiet, has no recoil and is powerful. If the rest of the world knew what we airgunners know.......  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

gdm620

Happy early Birthday and what a great story.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Trophyhunter49

:)  That was cool doing that for your sister :-*  Happy Birthday to both of you.