• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Red Palm Wood grips... Who made them?

Started by georgep1111, May 13, 2013, 04:41:10 PM

droid

Quote from: Fronzdan on May 15, 2013, 02:59:49 AM
I'd love to buy some hell grips...wish he'd come back.  And Crossliner...that gun is anything by ugly. Looks bad ass.

Yes I think that gun looks the business too.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

Brent

That is a very cool looking grain in that wood!! :)
I really really like those!!! :-*

droid

I'll bump this because it has got me wondering now who made them.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

quickster47 †

The only grip maker I have ever known to offer that Red Palm wood was Hellpgrips and he appears to no longer be doing business.  While some or one might doubt this I do not.  They are John's work.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

droid

Quote from: quickster47 on May 17, 2013, 02:46:46 PM
The only grip maker I have ever known to offer that Red Palm wood was Hellpgrips and he appears to no longer be doing business.  While some or one might doubt this I do not.  They are John's work.

Carl

I think John has denied it Carl, as has Rick.

I must admit, whatever John says I still think they are Hellgrips myself because they have the same overall shape. Perhaps because they incorporate Rick Andres features he doesn't want to own up to it. 
www.ratbuster.co.uk

quickster47 †

It was my understanding that no one yet has been able to actually speak with John.  He does not answer emails and the person answering the phone number given on his web page claims no knowledge of ever making grips or knowing anything about them.

Still it is some sort of weird mystery that perhaps involves a mysterious space time continuum phenomenon.  ???

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

KevinP

Perhaps it is Joshua A 's  pen name  ....   ???
Kevin
Albany, New York

quickster47 †

Quote from: KevinP on May 17, 2013, 04:09:43 PM
Perhaps it is Joshua A 's  pen name  ....   ???

Now that is so sad but darned funny when you look at all the circumstantial evidence.  ;D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

crossliner

Quote from: quickster47 on May 17, 2013, 03:10:06 PM
It was my understanding that no one yet has been able to actually speak with John.  He does not answer emails and the person answering the phone number given on his web page claims no knowledge of ever making grips or knowing anything about them.

Still it is some sort of weird mystery that perhaps involves a mysterious space time continuum phenomenon.  ???

Carl

Mr. Q I think he is still around..The guy I spoke to spoke in Filipino although I spoke to him 1st in our dialect. It was a youngish voice perhaps a son or a relative. I found out in a short while that the number I dialed was an international one upon checking it w/ our telecom company..Too bad because I would like to have some of his grips too..I think he has some in the Phils. but the problem is locating  them. I have been asking around but came empty handed..Crosmans are quite rare here but as for the domestic butt makers for local airguns they are easy to find around the local forums..