• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman Muzzle Brakes

Started by Currahee, May 17, 2013, 12:51:20 AM

Currahee

:-[ This is one of those stupid questions you ask and everyone says no such thing as a stupid question. What material are the muzzle brakes made out of on the 2300kt's? :-[
we were brothers then, we are brothers now, we are brothers forever.

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bgmcgee

I would almost bet all the new ones are aluminum seems like Crosman has been weening themselves away from brass altogether.  But as usual I could be wrong.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

I believe they are aluminum under the powder coating. I spot polished the face on one recently and it is a nice shiny silver.
Larry

Brent

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 17, 2013, 02:52:12 AM
I believe they are aluminum under the powder coating. I spot polished the face on one recently and it is a nice shiny silver.
Might have to try that then. Have one that came on a used gun, and it is scratched up a bit. Would look cool as polished aluminum.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Brent on May 18, 2013, 12:35:30 AM
Might have to try that then. Have one that came on a used gun, and it is scratched up a bit. Would look cool as polished aluminum.

If I had the proper tools, I thought about painting it black and turning it down so the back stayed in the fluting with the rest polished.
Larry

bgmcgee

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 18, 2013, 05:15:18 AM
If I had the proper tools, I thought about painting it black and turning it down so the back stayed in the fluting with the rest polished.
That would look sweet.  Bet there ate some members Herr that have the proper tools to get that look.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

HappyHunter

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 18, 2013, 05:15:18 AM

That would look cool   :-*

If you had a drill press or even a hand drill clamped in a vice you could mount the brake on a short piece of 7/16 dowel or scrap piece of leftover barrel from a previous project and while it is spinning hold sandpaper against it starting with 400 grit, then 800, 1000 and finish it off with 1500-2000.

Alternately, if you had a silver brake you could tape off the fluted section and paint the rest black (or whatever color you desire) for a different look.
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!