• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Just ordered a chrony.

Started by USMA-1982, May 28, 2013, 04:27:33 AM

breakfastchef

You are going to shoot more pellets the first day you receive the chronograph than you probably have in the last year, USMA-1982. It is one of these terrific, unnecessary tools we all should have.
Larry

mrb02334

I'm looking into a chrony , what do you guys suggest? Should I stick with a chrony brand, it seems to be the most popular there must be a reason.
Thanks for the suggestions,
Jon

Brent

Quote from: mrb02334 on May 29, 2013, 03:05:26 AM
I'm looking into a chrony , what do you guys suggest? Should I stick with a chrony brand, it seems to be the most popular there must be a reason.
Thanks for the suggestions,
Jon
I am not talking from the experience of owning one, but in recent looking hard at them on the Net, and in Barry getting one and thus me wondering why he picked the one he did - it looked to me that the Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital seems the best working and value for the money. It is getting high marks from those that have them. Have seen them for around $100 or so. Maybe Barry will chime in here on how he likes his.

USMA-1982

I went with the Competition Electronics because the software was compatible with the more recent Windows operating systems.  It may be that Chrony just hasn't updated the copy in the catalog for their software.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

Colt25

Quote from: agninja on May 28, 2013, 08:54:28 PM
I'd assume if you know the muzzle velocity and pellet weight then you could just do the trig to calculate the rest. No need to put the chrony at risk if you get a low flyer at 30 yards.

No, the difference in velocities at a certain range is essential to finding out the BC,

BC and FPE are different.

FPE is how much power the pellet has from the muzzle. While BC is the factor of how the pellet retains velocity.

KevinP

Quote from: breakfastchef on May 28, 2013, 08:56:29 PM
It is one of these terrific, unnecessary tools we all should have.

so true ..   ;D ;D ;D
Kevin
Albany, New York

Flex

I "inherited" a ProChrono Plus from my F-I-L. It's a few years old and no longer in production but the price was definitely right! I have yet to do any serious chronography with it but plan to do some baseline establishment if we ever get some decent weather. I don't know if any folks out there still use this model, but to me, it seems a bit clumsy. The single button to cycle thru all of the options is maddening. I don't have the printer that is an option for it but I'm wondering if data can be sent thru the IR link to another device e.g. a PDA. If anyone knows if this is possible let me know. Thanks. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

breakfastchef

Send Stot and email. He is the fellow that developed ChronoConnect. The software is terrific and I use it all the time with my Shooting Chrony Alpha.

http://www.chronoconnect.com/

Quote from: Flex on June 06, 2013, 01:27:58 AM
I "inherited" a ProChrono Plus from my F-I-L. It's a few years old and no longer in production but the price was definitely right! I have yet to do any serious chronography with it but plan to do some baseline establishment if we ever get some decent weather. I don't know if any folks out there still use this model, but to me, it seems a bit clumsy. The single button to cycle thru all of the options is maddening. I don't have the printer that is an option for it but I'm wondering if data can be sent thru the IR link to another device e.g. a PDA. If anyone knows if this is possible let me know. Thanks. Flex
Larry