• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

First time really using the 1377...WOW

Started by Beagleman, May 30, 2013, 01:27:38 AM

Beagleman

Hey guys...as some of you may know I have not been around in a while and last time i posted here i was waiting for my new crosman 1377 to come in the mail. I got it, but deer season was here and that took up all of my time with baiting, treestands, bows, etc. but yesterday and today I took it out and started shooting it. WOW i cant believe how accurate and reliable it is with a good punch to add to that. Whenever I get a new gun it is a tradition to take something with it, usually a song bird, which I know is not right but it tells me if the gun is up to work in the field and in the woods as to not leave a nutter with a pellet lodged in its side, for example. I took the little bird on a fence post 8 yards away off hand and my aim was true. It made me feel horrible to kill a small bird like that for no reason behind it but it is better in the long run. But my god is it accurate! Just wondering, what is the biggest thing you guys would take with it unmodified and what simple mods could i put on it to bring it up a notch? Thanks guys!
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

Crosshairs

Nice to hear your shooting your 1377. I take tree rats, starlings, sparrows, lizards, rats but never song birds. Nothing bigger.
                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jSan22

odd tradtion you have.  but to each their own.
the biggest I'd bother killing with it completely bone stock would probably be a rabbit. the stock gun is usually too weak to kill anything larger.
a basic mod I would do to boost its power level would be to convert to 22 cal, and install a longer barrel. also add a carbine stock to increase accuracy. I would also install a flat top.

Beagleman

Alright thanks for the tips. And i think "tradition" was the wrong word :-[ but like i said i dont like doing it it just gives me an idea of how it will work i the field
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

Beagleman

So dont think i am one of those guys who kills everything in sight...

jSan22

oh, sorry. I must not have been paying attention. just woke up really.
just, In my opinion, if there's anything you want to shoot, European starlings and English sparrow ( I assume your in the USA) can be fresh targets. they both like bread. and getting rid of some can help your local birds. as startling and sparrows are designed to conquer territories and breed like crazy.

mudduck48

IMO, if it is working real well, then get a 1399 stock on it. Check out some of the hunting pellets, like the doam pellets. And see how it does. I saw a vid on pellets and it said for hunting the doams were the best, not the pointed.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

jSan22

yeah. domes are good for hunting. you usally can get the best accuracy and range out of dome shaped pellets.

Fronzdan

Agree!  I have four 13xx's and they are all ridiculously accurate for such an inexpensive gun.  I just shot all of them tonight and am impressed every time. 

Crosshairs

Quote from: Fronzdan on May 30, 2013, 04:32:03 AM
Agree!  I have four 13xx's and they are all ridiculously accurate for such an inexpensive gun.  I just shot all of them tonight and am impressed every time. 
yes they are.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

Quote from: jSan22 on May 30, 2013, 01:51:26 AM
odd tradtion you have.  but to each their own.
the biggest I'd bother killing with it completely bone stock would probably be a rabbit. the stock gun is usually too weak to kill anything larger.
a basic mod I would do to boost its power level would be to convert to 22 cal, and install a longer barrel. also add a carbine stock to increase accuracy. I would also install a flat top.
you are wrong about a stock 1377 being to weak to kill anything larger than a rabbit
a guy on gta takes ground hogs with a bone stock 1377 @15yds
shot place is critical
closed mouths dont get fed

jSan22

yes, i remember now. shadow wasnt it? he DID kill a groundhog with a 1377. it may be someone else.
i never thought the gun would have enough power to go through the bones of a groundhog.

1377x

Quote from: jSan22 on June 04, 2013, 02:42:43 AM
yes, i remember now. shadow wasnt it? he DID kill a groundhog with a 1377. it may be someone else.
i never thought the gun would have enough power to go through the bones of a groundhog.
yepper that's the guy
he is a good hunter like reading his posts
closed mouths dont get fed