• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Leapers UTG Bug Buster 3-9X32

Started by Mark5043, June 10, 2013, 09:09:13 PM

Mark5043

Does anyone use one of these? If so what has your experience been? Pros,and Cons?This looks like it might be a good option for one of my rigs.I have a full size scope on it now,but the compact size of the Bug Buster,would be better suited for it I think.AO down to 3 yards,and illuminated reticle,would be nice as well.

breakfastchef

Decent scope and a very good value. I have a two year old model on a 22xx carbine build. Focus is good; eye position has to be just right. The new turrets look like a big improvment over the model I have.
Larry

cohiba

I have one that is about 3 months old, just like your picture.

Eye position has to be just right, other than that I really like it. Lightweight fits perfect on my 2250XE PCP conversion I did. I am only shooting about 20-40 yard with it. I do like the options with the illumination, instead of a  1, 2, 3 type settings, you have a dial and can make it rather dim if needed.

Good scope and I am ordering up a couple more for the 1322 pumpers

willc

I have one of these and I love it.
The sight picture is very clear and the reticles are skinnier than my other Leapers scope.

Probably will have to buy another one cause this 1377 Bugbuster combo is my wife's favorite gun.
She will even shoot this one when I am not around.

All in all great scope for the money in a nice compact size.
The only con is that the mounts that come with it are Weavers and I needed dovetails.
They are really heavy duty too, just can't use them ATM.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

bgmcgee

Do the new ones have thinner crosshairs? That is one of the reasons I have been leery of getting one as that has been the only iffy point on these scopes.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Mark5043

Thanks for the input guys.The Bug Buster does look like an attractive option indeed.It would go on my 1322,and as you guys can see,the scope I have on there now,is a bit big..Especially when It's time to break it down,and put it in a pack.The scope works well,but also makes the rig feel a bit top heavy.I think I might just order the Bug Buster,and put this scope back on my Discovery .22

eric

Quote from: bgmcgee on June 10, 2013, 10:00:57 PM
Do the new ones have thinner crosshairs? That is one of the reasons I have been leery of getting one as that has been the only iffy point on these scopes.
i commented about the reticle being thinner on the newer model in my LT post --- i lied .the new reticle is the same thickness BUT the mildots are smaller and the thinnest part of the crosshairs is a wee bit longer compared to the older one .the eye relief is about a 1/2" to 1" better(longer) with the new one as well .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

gdm620

I have one on my p-rod and really like it.  I like the shorter size then a full size scope.  Wish the crosshairs was a little bit thinner but to me they aren't that bad.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

Fronzdan

I have three bugbusters...different models and magnifications.  I like em all.  There IS one i have that has a thicker crosshair I think.  They are good value.  You won't mistake them for a Nikon for clarity and brightness...but again, no one else makes a compact scope with these features and these good looks for this price.  They are perfect for Crosman carbines and backpackers.