• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Got My MTR77NP!

Started by Squallywally, June 16, 2013, 05:51:09 PM

Squallywally

Well got my MTR77NP Saturday morning. Beefore reading further, let me qualify my following statements.

In my 40 some odd years of shooting air guns, this is the first break barrel rifle I have ever purchased, let alone a Nitro Piston Powered version. I feel that
a review from me would be meaningless.

With that said, i can tell you that I really like it! I am a sucker for military styled replicas and have wanted a serious M16/AR15
rifle for a long time. I bought the AIR 17 new way back when as well as most recent offerings. This rifle is very satisfying to me with its
heft and feel.  The polymer seems much more sturdy than M4-177. I dont know if thats because this gun is so much more heavy???????

the model I received was the scope only model which of course I didnt mount.  i mounted an AR carry handle with the adjustable aperture for windage and elevation and an AR front ramp.
The gun shot way low and I could not get the apurture high enough or the front post low enough to hit a bull. I then remembered that I had a carry handle on an airsoft gun that was a windage only adjustment that stood higher on the rail. That was the trick. Now I can hit a circle the size of a quarter fairly often. one time four shots in a row. I am shooting indoors at about 8 meters, thats all I got for space in my basement.
*I have a long way to go to learn to shoot this using artillery hold and the strange to me recoil. But things are improving.* 
the trigger feels good to me but have yet to try to adjust it yet.

I have shot a number of pellets through it. RWS Hobby, Excite, Crosman premiere HPs, Crosman Destroyers,Daisy Precision Max, and Winchester wadcutters. It seems to like the winchesters the best thus far. I have a few more on hand to try. I havent chrony'd it yet either. it was dieseling and smoking a little at first. I plan to chrony it as soon as I can.

Cocking it seems fairly hard but then again I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyway I am having wicked fun :D

BigErn

Man that thing looks so cool  8) 8)  Keep us posted on how you like the NP. I have had so much trouble getting used to them but I am still trying  >:(

Crosshairs

Very nice looking replica I like it and it sounds like a good score. Congrats and shoot safe.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Trophyhunter49

Great deal !! Keep usupdated on how it shoots ad what you think about it.  It realy looks better than the pics. they had posted. Great lob on the pics. :-*

dan_house

s looking hard and long at one of those. first thing i;d like to do is swap on a collapsible stock, and a mo' comfortable grip.

lookslike you cant though, least not without a little creativity.

is it close to an AR's wieght?

think it'd be cool to have service rifle matches in the garage or basement. keep us posted
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

arkmaker †

Nice! Keep us posted. I have read that the cocking gets easier once the mechanism gets some wear on it. I always thought, it was that your arm gets stronger  ;)
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Nice...  :-*

That's a pretty short barrel for a hi-power break barrelgun, that's where most of the cocking effort comes from, a short "lever".
Brian

agninja

Do you have a way to chrony that thing?
Black air pistols matter.

Squallywally

Wow, watched Paul capellos vid on the mtr77.
Started shooting it like I would a powder burner and miraculously I started getting tight groups.
I have been artillery holding this this since I got it and will admit was getting
I thought I wasn't meant for break barrels .
I guess it's a start over on the pellet testing.

What a difference. Thanks PC if you read this stuff. :-*

jSan22

Quote from: Squallywally on July 05, 2013, 11:40:44 PM
Wow, watched Paul capellos vid on the mtr77.
Started shooting it like I would a powder burner and miraculously I started getting tight groups.
I have been artillery holding this this since I got it and will admit was getting
I thought I wasn't meant for break barrels .
I guess it's a start over on the pellet testing.

What a difference. Thanks PC if you read this stuff. :-*
shooting a spring piston like a firearm? honestly, im not sure i like paul capello much, but he does give use tips when he's not pushing a product.