• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

The Dissuader!

Started by USMA-1982, June 23, 2013, 05:59:01 AM

mudduck48

I did the same thing. I bought an airsoft to chase the pigeons and crows off. I put wild bird food out for my doves and the pigeons and crows were getting into it. Here is my dissuader. Crosman P311.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

USMA-1982

How's the trigger on that 311?  ;-)
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

USMA-1982

Hey Larry - I'll never throw away a broken drill bit again. Now I know there's a good use for them.  I think they'd work in Crosman actions as well and SS might be smoother than stock.  Might have to try it out.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

mudduck48

Quote from: USMA-1982 on June 26, 2013, 07:12:32 PM
How's the trigger on that 311?  ;-)
Real nice. It has a little resistance, then it breaks off clean. On a good day I can put 10 shots in a 2" circle at 15". I use the 20G BB's. This gun is made by KWC, the same people that make the Tanfoglio Witness 1911. It also is the exact same size as a real 1911. Here is a picture of my Witness 1911 bb pistol. Both guns are  made in Taiwan.

USMA-1982

Wow - that's pretty accurate.  My Palco (I think that's the brand name) can put 10 shots on the broad side of a barn at 15' :-)  Actually, POI is within about 3" of POA at that range, it shoots a bit high.  I use a six o'clock hold on the mockingbirds.  The Witness looks like an authentic 1911 - very nice!
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

mudduck48

Well, I tried. Guess this isn't that good day I was telling you about, but you get the idea. Sitting down one hand at 15" with the 20G BB's. And that is a 2" circle. It's realy more fun to shoot at cans and small birds with it. I would sell you one for $10, but the shipping would kill it. Just go to Walmart or Amazon. It cost $14.97 at both, but maybe your walmart would be cheaper with the sales tax and you might get lucky and get an all black one. If you do get one, do not shoot the cheap 12G bb's in it!! Only the 20G or heavier.

USMA-1982

I'm going to look for one!
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

agninja

I got a nice 1911 replica like that from Walmart. It was clear plastic. I put a string around the trigger guard and dangled it from a tree limb and spray painted it black.  It looks like a real gun now.  I think it shoots around 250 fps. These guns can be pretty accurate at close distances once you get used to the upward spin and the strange trajectory imparted on the bb.
Black air pistols matter.

T191032

Not bad, for a single-shot "plastic BB" shooter.  Still prefer the more accurate lead slinging airguns, though.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

mudduck48

Quote from: T191032 on July 03, 2013, 09:32:32 PM
Not bad, for a single-shot "plastic BB" shooter.  Still prefer the more accurate lead slinging airguns, though.

Nice, you found a black one. 8)

T191032

"Nice, you found a black one."

Yup.  Local Wal-Mart a few months back.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

jSan22

i feel stupid now. i misread mockingbird as magpie. whoops.