• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

BNM Breech/shroud question

Started by Petrifiedwood, June 30, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

Petrifiedwood

Anyone know what the outer diameter of the BNM shroud is? I ordered one of their breeches yesterday and I'm hoping it's a standard size, like 3/4". I've got lots of 3/4" aluminum tubing. And if this is the right size, then I could just order one of their barrel bands and save myself a lot of work.

HappyHunter

If I'm not mistaken, I think they are all 1" OD  ???
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

Petrifiedwood

1" will do as well. I can get some 1" tubing easy enough. Thanks!

breakfastchef

Quote from: HappyHunter on June 30, 2013, 08:14:33 PM
If I'm not mistaken, I think they are all 1" OD  ???

Todd has it right. BNM shrouds are 1" in diameter.

I've done some work with BNM breaches and shrouds on both the 13xx and 22xx platform. If you run into something weird, I probably have seen it.
Larry

Petrifiedwood

Thanks, I'll plan for 1" then and probably order their barrel band as well.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Petrifiedwood on June 30, 2013, 11:34:21 PM
Thanks, I'll plan for 1" then and probably order their barrel band as well.

The barrel bands are very well made. You have the option of a regular band or one with an o-ring for the shroud/barrel. Lots of folks forget that Sergio makes these bands in different colors both for his shroud, a stock Crosman barrel (7/16"), and in different heights to accommodate risers.
Larry

Petrifiedwood

Is the regular BNM barrel band (for a shroud, no O ring) free-floating like the Marauder band?

ped

mine has a grubscrew top and bottom same as a 2240 band and i can only echo larrys comment that they are very well made
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

breakfastchef

Quote from: Petrifiedwood on July 01, 2013, 10:12:54 PM
Is the regular BNM barrel band (for a shroud, no O ring) free-floating like the Marauder band?

As I recall there is no grub screw for the shroud.
Larry

woody67

I have a BNM shroud I will sell you. It's black, 16 inches... grub screws to hold it to the breech, 2 baffle cups--fine for an 18inch barrel, but if you have a 14 inch barrel you will need a couple more.

Petrifiedwood

Quote from: woody67 on July 02, 2013, 12:38:13 AM
I have a BNM shroud I will sell you. It's black, 16 inches... grub screws to hold it to the breech, 2 baffle cups--fine for an 18inch barrel, but if you have a 14 inch barrel you will need a couple more.

Thanks for the offer, but I want to make as much of this project as I can, and round things like the shroud are within the scope of my lathe tools and abilities. :)