• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Newbies from across the pond

Started by Rainbowfish, July 09, 2013, 06:56:59 PM

Rainbowfish

Hi all. I have recently joined this forum and, as I mentioned in my intro, it's really nice to find a friendly, good natured forum. Keep it up. In England these days guns of any kind are about as popular with the non-shooting public as a nun at a stag do. I am fortunate in that I share a shooting permission with a couple of mates and can hunt small game legally. In the present climate even shooting in your back garden can be a problem unless you use a muzzle brake, (Legal in the U.K.) Luckily, I live close to the National Shooting Ground at Bisley and I shoot 5 mornings a week and once a month on Sunday for comps. We have fantastic facilities including pistol and vintage range, 55 meter main range and another 55 meter range. We also have 16 acres of woodland where we shoot HFT, FT, Vintage rifle and, from this Sunday the 14th. July, Pistol HFT. We also have a dedicated 25 yard range. I have bought a 2240 and added a Gmac left hand steel breech and tuned up the trigger. Scoring a plate at 25 meters is no problem but the 40mm kill zone takes a bit of doing but thats's where the fun comes in. I have included a couple of pictures taken at the club. BFTO. If you are wondering why this post has come up it is in response to Crosmaniacs newbie challenge. I look forward to many enjoyable afternoons on this forum.

KevinP

Way cool, thanks for sharing ..... :-* :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Welcome and more pics of Bisley and you and your mates guns, we like pics  :-*
Brian

jSan22

welcome, but...... what's a stag do?

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

breakfastchef

Quote from: BDS on July 09, 2013, 08:13:26 PM
Welcome and more pics of Bisley and you and your mates guns, we like pics  :-*

x2. Love the photos. It sure would be nice to have airgun clubs nearby.
Larry

Rainbowfish

I don't know what you would call it but it is when the bridegroom and his mates go on the town and get bladdered before the wedding. I will post some more pics later.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Rainbowfish on July 09, 2013, 11:44:24 PM
I don't know what you would call it but it is when the bridegroom and his mates go on the town and get bladdered before the wedding.

Bachelor party or 'death sentence'.
Larry

Crosshairs

Welcome to the forum glad to have you.
                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jSan22

oh. a bachelor party. that would quite awkward. the nun could have drunken guys hitting on her from all angles.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed