• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Got my BNM breech today!

Started by Petrifiedwood, July 09, 2013, 07:47:57 PM

BDS

Brian

tinker

Starting to look real nice!  I like!  I have a couple of breech's myself and you're going to be slinging a bunch of lead.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

KevinP

Very nice looking as is ...............   :-* how is it shootin ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

Petrifiedwood

I haven't fired any pellets through it yet with the new breech. I did get a 12" piece of aluminum tubing cut. I also made a bushing for the end of the barrel that is .895 diameter (which is what the BNM breech end measured on my calipers). It's got a 7/16" diameter hole in the middle, and an O ring in a groove around the outside. I still have to drill and tap it for a set screw. I started on an air stripper cone and drilled the bore 3/16" which is a little bigger than .20 caliber but smaller than .22. I wanted to make sure the .177 pellet has enough room to account for minor imperfections so it doesn't strike the stripper cone or end cap.

I haven't parted off the cone yet. Still deciding if I want to make it integral with the end cap, or find some other way to support it inside the tube. I started in with the parting tool and stopped at a depth that's pretty close to what I'd need for an O ring, so still in the "design" stages. I kind of jumped in with a vague idea of what I wanted and need to take a break to figure out how best to continue.

I probably will take you guys' advice and skip the bushing. There is very little room between the end of the main tube of the gun, and the end of the BNM breech on the 2300T tube. So a band would look a bit out of place that close to the breech.

I have several red dot sights that I'm not using and could mount to the gun. I'm glad I got the Weaver breech as it will open up a lot of options that way. Then it will be a matter of deciding whether to use hand grips or a shoulder stock.

breakfastchef

For your reference is my 2300KT when I had the BNM setup with 10" or 12" shroud and the stock Crosman barrel. Barrel band may not be needed for your pistol, but it looks good.
Larry

Petrifiedwood

Looks good! I might decide to do the barrel band after all.

Crosshairs

I would also go with the barrel band it does secure the shroud and i think would help keep it in place in case of a good bump. One good bump could move it and your pellets could hit the baffels. And like Larry said it sure do look nice
                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!