• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Noob question

Started by Tater, July 12, 2013, 03:19:46 AM

Tater

I'd need an adapter to mount a "Weaver-style rail system" scope on a Crosman steel breech, correct?

Here is the link to the scope. I think I have enough Cabelas points to get it for free.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Center-Point-Tactical-Open-Reflex-Sight/1412024.uts?WT.tsrc=CRR&WT.mc_id=crrdtfd
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Tater

Thanks guys. If I can convince the wife to let me get it, I probably go with one of those.
I really like the low profile ones.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

1377x

i like the low profiles too
but did some complaints of the springs being weak in them but like everything there are lemmons
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

I've taken off and put it back on numerous times and the adapters always stay inside the Weaver mount of my reflex sight.

Tater

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 12, 2013, 04:10:28 AM
I've taken off and put it back on numerous times and the adapters always stay inside the Weaver mount of my reflex sight.

I like that it's from Amazon too (in case of issues).
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

brz-ryder †

my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

Tater

Quote from: brz-ryder on July 12, 2013, 06:01:06 AM
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_3_8_Dovetail_to_Weaver_Picatinny_Rail_Adapter_2pcs/4148

Ooohh, those look nice. From the pictures, I can not figure out how a scope mounts to them because I've never seen scope mounts like those (quick detach)?
I assume they work because the majority of reviewers like them so for that price, I'll probably get those.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

bgmcgee

Quote from: brz-ryder on July 12, 2013, 06:01:06 AM
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_3_8_Dovetail_to_Weaver_Picatinny_Rail_Adapter_2pcs/4148
Those are the same ones I use.They go inside the Weaver mount then you put the whole thing on your breech. I forgot on my other post to tell you to look around as there are better prices. Check out the shipping costs though sometimes p.a's shipping is a little high.

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Slight change in plans. I found out we now have $63 in Cabelas points so I might be looking at different scopes. The link I posted in the first post is on sale, but it doesn't list the reticle size options. I'm looking for a 3 MAO. Do any of you guys own the one I linked?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

I played with one on a Cross-bow at Cabelas, it's about the best small MOA for the money and the C-Bucks you have makes it a $4 scope! :-*
Brian

Tater

Quote from: BDS on July 12, 2013, 05:44:17 PM
I played with one on a Cross-bow at Cabelas, it's about the best small MOA for the money and the C-Bucks you have makes it a $4 scope! :-*

Gotta love that. Thanks Rich.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs