• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 Forearm build

Started by slivershooter, July 18, 2013, 04:56:41 PM

slivershooter

Hey Guys,  I've been overpowered by the desire to purchase a 2240 and I've thrown out common sense.  Now before it gets here and I have time to want to be starting to mod it, I want to make a wood forearm for it.  What I need are some measurements. Tube diameter, barrel band diameter over tube, length from barrel band to trigger guard. I saw a video on you tube that intrigued me as to holding this puppy on. The grip frame, trigger guard pushes against the forearm and sandwiches it between the barrel band. Very cool idea. Maybe that's the norm for these. ?????  Can anyone help me with these measurements? Thanks a bunch.
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

breakfastchef

I do not have measurements at hand since my 2240 is in pieces.

The 2240 tube is pretty short for a forearm.. If you mounted a piece of tactical rail between the front grip screw and the barrel band, that would provide a relatively good mounting base. Quickster47 posted a how-to on using a 2250 barrel band to do the tactical rail mod. The only downside to this arrangement would be if you chose to mount a bipod. The torque put on the bipod could transfer through the barrel band and to the barrel causing inconsistent POI. Ideally, if someone could fashion a sturdy clamp mount that attaches just to the CO2 tube, there would be lots of options.

I will be watching this thread closely for ideas. Oh, can you post a link to the video?
Larry

brz-ryder †

What you need is PN 2250-018 & 2250-007 these are what is used on the 2250 to hold on the foregrip for as short as the 2240 CO2 tube is you should be able to get away with just the 2250-018 which would fasten the shorter foregrip you`ll need for a 2240 hope this helps

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

chongman

Quote from: brz-ryder on July 18, 2013, 08:02:09 PM
What you need is PN 2250-018 & 2250-007 these are what is used on the 2250 to hold on the foregrip for as short as the 2240 CO2 tube is you should be able to get away with just the 2250-018 which would fasten the shorter foregrip you`ll need for a 2240 hope this helps

Jim

Add the screws to that, part number 151-016.  One for the front of the forearm to attach to the barrel band and one to the rear to attach to the metal plate.

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

agninja

I saw the utube video of the guy who put a 2250 tube on his 2240 and then made a forearm for it.  But the regular 2240 tube is awfully small for one.

It'd be neat to make some sort of detachable forearm that extended past the co2 cap, like one that slides on or snaps on. Then you could increase the length of it without being constrained to such a short space.
Black air pistols matter.

brz-ryder †

I used a 2400KT tube on my 2240 and added a 2250 fore arm

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

slivershooter

Here's the U-tube build I mentioned in my post.  Look for a guy with the username "CyberDruidtheModGod".  Type in Crosman 2240 Forearm.  It's very cool what he did and I want to build one.  No mounting hardware needed and it fits a 2240. Check it out.
I am a Christian, I am an American. I support the 2d Amendment and I am proud of it.

Bill L.

I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

slivershooter

Getting back to my first post, is a 2240 tube the same size as a 1322 tube? barrel band to grip fastening screw is how many inches?

chongman

2240 tube- .875"

1377 tube- .754"

Not sure what you mean by barrel band to grip fastening screw. As the gun comes from the factory they will all be a little different.  I'd advise taking that measurement from the gun your going to fabricate the forearm for to get it right. 

slivershooter

:-* Thanks Chongman.  I can get started on a piece of wood this way and be busy doing something for the build.  If I'm not busy, I'm looking for stuff to buy for it and that gets me into trouble.  :-[

chongman

8) I hear you, the buying never stops!