Loc-tite scope mount adapters?

Started by Tater, July 23, 2013, 08:09:15 PM

Tater

There was another scope on it and I don't believe the rings were high. It was a cheapy BSa dot. I'll try to find a picture of it.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

If it's the BSA I'm thinking of, it has a built in clamp that you can use on 11mm dovetail or on weaver mount, that sight sits pretty low compared to your new set up.
Brian

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

I had to work from home after work and didn't have much time again to shoot, but I will have much more tomorrow. I counted the elevation clicks in  each direction and it turns out it was off. 57 clicks overall and it was set at 37 from one end. I centered that at 29 clicks, then remounted the scope switching the front and back rings. Held off on the horizontal adjustment for now.

After several test shots, it was centered right on but still 4-5" low. So remounting it fix the horizontal but the elevation was still off. Next I moved up 7 clicks but at that close range, the POI only moved up a half inch or so. 7 more clicks yielded the same, so it was clear I'd run out of range. I had to stop to eat and it's getting late so I'm done for now and not sure what to do with it tomorrow.   ???
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

I guess I'll just return the thing unless anyone has an idea. I really don't want to shim it, I wish I had brought it in the work today so I could return it on my way home.   >:(
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Fronzdan

The one time I had this issue with a 13xx I picked up a pair of adjustable rings.  I don't like shimming either. They worked great. Nice and solid after adjusting the rear height and tightening everything down. I can't remember where I picked them up but I'll link it if I find out.

Tater

Quote from: Fronzdan on July 26, 2013, 10:01:13 PM
The one time I had this issue with a 13xx I picked up a pair of adjustable rings.  I don't like shimming either. They worked great. Nice and solid after adjusting the rear height and tightening everything down. I can't remember where I picked them up but I'll link it if I find out.

Thank you sir.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Tater

Just remounted it again for the forth time and same issue.  :( It's only 2" low now, but at 10-12'?   :o
I guess I'll be returning it. I shouldn't have to by adjustable rings for a brand new scope. Nicer rings would be great but they're not in the budget. Plus I can only shoot inside the house so the gun never get roughed up, it's babied.
The stock rings should at least get me on the target at close range. My previous cheap scope worked fine so I doubt the breech could be off at all.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs