Flairing Chamber 2250B

Started by Eggsbox2250, July 27, 2013, 06:52:13 PM

Eggsbox2250

So guys been so busy I've had no time to shoot. Put all the mods on the 2250  and I've hit a problem, I fitted a brass breech and extended hollow probe and other bits.  Gas in the gun, pull back the bolt,      insert  "HUSTLER POINTED PELLET"  and have dificulty closing the bolt to seat the pellet, not every time but enough to curse a swear. I try a selection of pellets  (  ELEY, RWS ) and get the same result.  So has anybody had the same problem? ??  Advice wanted,  Which pellet should I try next  or should I "flair" the chamber or reduce the bolt length ?
I Have a medical condition called
    " A Trigonomic Embolism " ...
translated as ,   " A CLOT BEHIND THE TRIGGER "

arkmaker †

Could be a few different things other than the pellet itself. Without knowing how far the pellet travels before getting stuck, I would look at the following;

- Is the barrel transfer port de-burred? If the bolt cycles smoothly without a pellet try de-burring it.
- Does the pellet hang up on entry to the barrel? Try de-burring the flare, especial. Go easy though or you can wreck your bolt sealing.
- Is the pellet hanging up on the 4-48 breech screw? A drop of wax over the screw head should fix that.

- Also, check the OD of the flow thru bolt. Unlikely, but if it is a lot smaller than the ID of the barrel, it could be pinching the skirt of the pellet between itself and the ID of the barrel. The skirts need to make contact with the bolt end face, not push from inside the skirt.

That's where I would start to look.
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

brz-ryder †

X2 Rich hit all the points i would have  :-*

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

ped

crosman premiers usually load well as do h&n ftt but i've found polishing the leade helps as does pointing the barrel slightly downwards
another tip is to take about 3mm off the back of the probe allowing it to go back further ,which allows the pellet to be loaded flat instead of at slight angle
i've only had problems with .177's
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

Eggsbox2250

Yes, I will look at all the points where there could be "BURRING" and will go easy with a little wet and dry paper. The bolt cycles fine with no pellet and I think the "skirt" is being pinched by the bolt. I`ll do a stripdown , then use the breech with the bolt and the barrel. I can view through the transfer port as a pellet is loaded. With luck I can then remove the pellet by using a cleaning rod and look at the pellet skirt to see if there is "pinching" If thats where the problem is I have to find a pellet with a larger skirt wall thickness :) So any recommendations on a pellet with a thicker skirt wall?  thanks for the advice guys.
I Have a medical condition called
    " A Trigonomic Embolism " ...
translated as ,   " A CLOT BEHIND THE TRIGGER "