• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Chongman's bling on a budget got me thinking....

Started by QB78Guy, July 28, 2013, 01:47:26 AM

Tater

Quote from: crossliner on July 29, 2013, 01:17:46 PM

It is one of the easiest to polish Mr. T..Just mount it on your electric drill as you would a bit and start from coarse to fine sand paper..Finish it w/ Autosol ( my fave brand of polishing paste and it's also made in Germany ) or any other polishing compound..

The tube end cap can also be done that way..I have a 2" ss shaft that is a nice fit inside the plug so the same method applies..Them tool marks will disappear..I also like the pattern as it's circular rather than linear, evident if you you are going to buff it w/ a rotary tool..Regards.

Thanks for the tips Mr. crossliner. I think even I might be capable of attempting an end cap.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

QB78Guy

I had some free time last week and can you guess what I used it for? More polishing! I had a scuffed QB78 bolt handle and a extra 2250 tube cap so I went to town and reshaped the bolt handle and got them both smooth and shiny.

I had the end cap all done and of course it slipped out of my hands and landed face down on the concrete floor and left some pits >:( so back to sanding I went. I think they both turned out really well, I'm not even sure I wanted to polish them I don't even own a QB any more and I have one of CAPOF's very own tri wing caps (I sure am glad I did not sale it!)

I guess I'm an addict and a enabler!

BigErn

Quote from: QB78Guy on August 06, 2013, 12:11:01 AM
I had some free time last week and can you guess what I used it for? More polishing! I had a scuffed QB78 bolt handle and a extra 2250 tube cap so I went to town and reshaped the bolt handle and got them both smooth and shiny.

I had the end cap all done and of course it slipped out of my hands and landed face down on the concrete floor and left some pits >:( so back to sanding I went. I think they both turned out really well, I'm not even sure I wanted to polish them I don't even own a QB any more and I have one of CAPOF's very own tri wing caps (I sure am glad I did not sale it!)

I guess I'm an addict and a enabler!

;D ;D Looks great!! Careful, polishing is very addictive  :-*