• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Chongman's bling on a budget got me thinking....

Started by QB78Guy, July 28, 2013, 01:47:26 AM

QB78Guy

and then it got me working...You guys truly are enablers.

I had a fun day out in the garage working on some parts, I made the tall front sight pin (I'll have to cut it down later)  polished the barrel, knob and end cap. When I previously crowned the barrel my file slipped and made those "custom" marks on the end of the muzzle >:( thankfully the brake covers it up.

My wife bought me a small drill press for my birthday and I used that on lower speeds for the sanding and buffing, I used a product called Blue magic for my final polish and it seems to work really well and it says it has a protective coating (we will see).

I had a great day and I only had to spend about $8 and I think the payoff was well worth the effort, so a big THANK YOU goes to chongman :-*

bgmcgee

Nice polish job. It is great to do something like that when they turn out well.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

breakfastchef

Quote from: bgmcgee on July 28, 2013, 02:05:28 AM
Nice polish job. It is great to do something like that when they turn out well.

x2. Very nice results!
Larry

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

There's so much you can do without spending a lot of $$$. I've been working a set of wood grips now with tung oil for weeks and still not ready to show them!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Great job QB!     :-*    How long did it take in total?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

soolio

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

BillK

West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

crossliner

QB78Guy

Thanks for all the nice comments and sorry about the glare.

Tater if I could have stuck with what I was doing and not ran around chasing my boys down it probably would have tanked about 3 hours. The barrel took the most work I had to start with 80 grit and I finished with 000 or 0000 steel wool, then I polished it with a old burp cloth and blue magic.

I'm sure other have much better procedures for polishing metal as I have seen some outstanding parts and pistols on this forum.

Tater

Those tiny end caps seem like they'd be a bear to sand. Great job with all of that.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

crossliner

Quote from: Tater on July 29, 2013, 04:50:27 AM
Those tiny end caps seem like they'd be a bear to sand. Great job with all of that.

It is one of the easiest to polish Mr. T..Just mount it on your electric drill as you would a bit and start from coarse to fine sand paper..Finish it w/ Autosol ( my fave brand of polishing paste and it's also made in Germany ) or any other polishing compound..

The tube end cap can also be done that way..I have a 2" ss shaft that is a nice fit inside the plug so the same method applies..Them tool marks will disappear..I also like the pattern as it's circular rather than linear, evident if you you are going to buff it w/ a rotary tool..Regards.

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

AaronMB

Awesome polishing, man.  Add yourself to the enabler list.  :P 
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." -Twain